Guava and Grapefruit for Diabetics

raaman

Valued Contributor
1. Guava: Guava has a high content of lycopene, is rich in fiber, vitamin C and potassium. These nutrients are helpful in maintaining blood

sugar levels. Those who have a predisposition to diabetes can prevent this by eating guava leaf tea. One tea a day.

2. Grapefruit: The Diabetes experts recommend this superfood for the sick. It is rich in soluble fiber, vitamin C, betacarotene, lycopene, and

has a glycemic index 25. It also contains a flavonoid known as naringerine for sight.

It also contains pectin that lowers blood cholesterol. Foods rich in vitamin A protect the body against lung disease and oral cancer.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I hope those having this disease gets to read this to help their condition with natural and cheap fruits like the grapefruits and guava. I like nature it has bestowed on us very cheap remedies that we can use to alleviate the different illnesses and ailments that confronts us. Fruits are medicinal, they contains nutrients and properties that can actually heal of these health issues. Good to know there can protect the body against lung diseases and oral cancer

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Nice one.You are talking about guava leaf but you haven't mentioned about the fruits ,but I think the fruit may not actually be the best for diabetic people because they generally contain high level of sugar and this may increase the blood sugar for diabetic people. I've not done any research about guava leaf and its effect on diabetic people.