Can Diabetics Eat Fruits?

raaman

Valued Contributor
Can Diabetics Eat Fruits?

If you are a diabetic, you can eat certain fruits such as blueberries, pears, cherries, grapes, peaches, plums, grapefruit, oranges and guavas. However, all diabetics need to be very careful when it comes to food they eat. Emphasis should be placed on what to eat and what not to eat.

It is because the foods we eat can raise blood sugar in the body. In particular, you need to be careful in eating fruits. Fruits are high in fiber, sugar and carbohydrates. Some fruits are high in sugar. So, you have to choose fruits that do not raise blood sugar levels.

Diabetics should not drink certain fruit juices. It does not contain any fiber, and it is high in sugar. Therefore, diabetics can avoid certain fruits and eat certain other fruits. You can eat blueberries, pears, cherries, grapes, peaches, plums, grapefruit, oranges and guavas. Diabetics can especially eat watermelon, papaya and oranges.

Moreover, it is enough to eat 100 grams of fruit. These fruits are also high in fiber and vitamin C. Buy and eat only fresh and seasonal fruits, and avoid eating processed fruits. Fruits should not be cut in advance and eaten because the nutrients in the fruit are wasted.

Ganibade

Verified member
Diabetic patient don't need sugary fruits. Diabetes is caused as a result of excess sugar in the blood stream, when pancreatic that remove sugar has weak,to the extent that it's can control sugar content in the blood stream.
There are type of fruits that diabetics patient can eats. Diabetic patient can not eat any fruits.
These are fruits that diabetics patient can eat,they are oranges, chariot, plantain, cucumbers, and so on. It is advisable to consult nutritionist for good cancelling on how to eat and what to eat.
This is the best place to go for advise on what therapy is going to use to control diabetes.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Diabetes is a very complicated issue because not all kinds of food are okay to eat or drink. First is the fruit juice that everyone may agree to be healthy drink. But for diabetics there are certain fruit juice that is harmful especially the sweet ones like watermelon or mango juice. Likewise with the fruits you can eat mango but only a portion because of the sugar that it contains.

My niece who is a juvenile diabetic is now 32 years old and still doing good although she is into a regular dose of insulin. She is used to choosing the right food for her although she admits that it was terrible in the first year to memorize the kind of food that she can eat. One thing going for my niece is that she is very obedient. When her blood sugar rises to a high level that would be scary but scarier is when the blood sugar dips to a dangerous level that it can kill her in her sleep.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Very essential information you passed here concerning the kind of fruits a diabetic patient should eat and the one not to eat. In the past I was simply thinking that a diabetic patient wouldn't eat some fruit juice, now I've come to understand that some are essential for them due to their increase in fiber and vitamins. I'll make more researches on my own to get the actual kind of fruits a diabetic patient should eat or avoid to keep his or her blood sugar level moderate. I thought about watermelon, oranges, being harmful to a diabetic patient due to their sweet taste. Some disagree it is harmful and some agree it isn't harmful to one suffering from diabetes. Only more deeper researches getting more resourceful information from medical experts will give us more detailed explanation concerning everything we need to learn about fruits rich and not rich for a diabetic patient to eat. I know before @raaman will come up with this information he has made thorough researches on it. He's always been consistent when it comes to health informations, I do enjoy most of his information around health, which portrays quality type of information one learns from.