2 Fruits Recommended to Diabetics

raaman

Valued Contributor
1. Apples:

Apples can provide protection against diabetes. They have soluble fiber, vitamin C and antioxidants, contain pectin that helps to detoxify the body. They also prevent the risk of heart attack, reduce the risk of cancer and diseases of the eye. It has a glycemic index ranging from 30 to 50. An average apple is recommended per day.

2. Cherries:

Cherry fruits have a glycemic index 22. They contain antioxidants, betacarotene, vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, iron, fiber and folate. They also have good anthocyanin for the brain, but also help increase insulin production by up to fifty percent, thus fighting heart disease, cancer and other diseases common to diabetics.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yeah, diabetic patients should mostly consumed fruits that are low in sugar that will help keep their blood sugar in a range that is really healthy. They fruits that contains antioxidants that will help fight diseases, help fight inflammation, boost their metabolism and contain minerals and vtamins. So apart from these two you have mentioned, They can also take oranges, pears, green Kiwi, berries and even tart cherries. They have other varieties that can help them but it must be taken in small quantitiy to avoid the abuse of it

D

Deleted member 27180

Yea, informative. I was also told that cucumber is also good for a diabetic patient. This is because they have high fiber content which is very instrumental in powering blood sugar level. And with its low sugar formulation, u can eat as much cucumber as u want without any worries. And what is more interesting, cucumber is a lot more cheaper and common than apples and cherries . Also, it can be eaten with cooked meals ad vegetables.

Janetoje

People suffering from diabetes should refrain from fruits that contain high amounts of sugar such as oranges, watermelon, pineapple etc. Rather they should consume more vegetables such as cucumbers and carrots as the are high in fibre and helps in cutting down blood sugar.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I have to do my own personal research to find out if apple is really good for people with diabetes because as I know apple contain high amount of sugar and sometimes sugar is one of the worst enemy for diabetic people as it can increase the blood sugar of the individual. I don't really know if apple is actually the best.