Diabetics has to fulfill certain Obligations

raaman

Valued Contributor
Diabetes is one of the common and chronic diseases. It is found all over the world today. This disease is characterized by increased levels of sugar in the blood. It happens due to the inability of the pancreas to produce insulin.

It also happens when the body's cells do not show a response to the insulin produced by the pancreas. Diabetic Patients are required to adopt a healthy lifestyle in order to maintain their quality of life and reduce the risk of complications.

For diabetes survivors, of course keeping their blood sugar levels stable is the very important thing to do. Usually, doctors will also advice the patients to do and follow certain things in order to maintain the condition of the body.

arunima25

Verified member
I am diabetic for more than a decade now. I developed it when my pituitary got irreparable damage in one of the haemohhrage I had during my second child birth. I started with insulin and from there I have moved to medicine to no medicine. I keep a track of my blood sugar, get a regular medical check up abd tests. I am disciplined around diet, yoga and exercise. I am able to manage it well with few lifestyle changes.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Diabetes is one of the common and chronic diseases. It is found all over the world today. This disease is characterized by increased levels of sugar in the blood. It happens due to the inability of the pancreas to produce insulin.

It also happens when the body's cells do not show a response to the insulin produced by the pancreas. Diabetic Patients are required to adopt a healthy lifestyle in order to maintain their quality of life and reduce the risk of complications.

For diabetes survivors, of course keeping their blood sugar levels stable is the very important thing to do. Usually, doctors will also advice the patients to do and follow certain things in order to maintain the condition of the body.
I think people with diabetes should also have a machine they can use to monitor the blood sugar so as to keep in touch with the doctor when there is a higher blood sugar and also when it is too all these things are really necessary especially if we are thinking of living for a long time in this modern age.

arunima25

Verified member
I think people with diabetes should also have a machine they can use to monitor the blood sugar so as to keep in touch with the doctor when there is a higher blood sugar and also when it is too all these things are really necessary especially if we are thinking of living for a long time in this modern age.
Most of the aware diabetics do that. They keep a close track of their sugars. Keeping a record of our sugar levels also makes us understand well our body..what food suits us, when our sugar levels go wrong or what triggers it. The better we understand it, the better it becomes to manage it effectively.
I read somewhere about some glucose monitoring equipment that do not require constant pricking like glucometers. They can be worn around arms or wrists and keep a constant monitoring of sugar and there is an app to record it and send it to your concerned doctor. This thing beeps and gives a signal when something goes wrong with the sugar levels especially when there is a risk of hypoglycemia.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Most of the aware diabetics do that. They keep a close track of their sugars. Keeping a record of our sugar levels also makes us understand well our body..what food suits us, when our sugar levels go wrong or what triggers it. The better we understand it, the better it becomes to manage it effectively.
I read somewhere about some glucose monitoring equipment that do not require constant pricking like glucometers. They can be worn around arms or wrists and keep a constant monitoring of sugar and there is an app to record it and send it to your concerned doctor. This thing beeps and gives a signal when something goes wrong with the sugar levels especially when there is a risk of hypoglycemia.
I know there are some application that can monitor the blood pressure of an individual but do you really think that most of this app can really monitor this thing accurately ? because even some blood pressure machine they do not always give accurate result of your current blood pressure .I've tried before but it was quite different from what a bp machine was saying.