Do you agree that Ethereum will be better bitcoin.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
Recently a professor of the Net work university of business said Ethereum has more value than bitcoin because it provide more liquidity to the system than bitcoin. .

The number of DeFi project on ethereum blockchain are enormous with a value more than $65 billion while more projects are still coming up .

Personally I wouldn't know if any project is been run on bitcoin blockchain network other than mining, lending and staking and also payment transactions.

In your opinion and findings in these two coins will you be in the same page with the professor or on a different page.

Recall ethereum was as high as $4500 because it crash to $2300 currently.

D

Deleted member 28127

Ethereum will not be better than bitcoins no matter how many years it will take because to start with the ethereum network is one of the most difficult network for anyone to do transaction and that is what is slowing down the growth of ethereum until now,bitcoins has a normal transaction fees but that of etherum is so high and people are avoiding it.
In etherum transactions there is gaz fee so even you are making small transaction gaz fee price are huge compared to amount paid in order to participate in airdrop like bitcoin one transactions are huge.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
I know the challenge of ethereum blockchain transaction is the gas fee. which we hope will be sorted out in their new proof of stake version and I am sure once this is taking care of there is high possibility of ethereum going much higher as soon as the market recover fully. People now prefer smartchain blockchain transaction to ethereum.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Did you know that there is another version of Ethereum to be launch soon and it comes very low transaction fee and also the energy consumption for mining it is 100% lower than the current. The only challenge that I have not find answers to is why the growth of other coins tie to bitcoin.
I don't know the actual reason why the price of other cryptocurrency is dependent on bitcoin's because I understand cryptocurrency as a decentralized currency meaning that it cannot be be controlled by any other coins,but this is not true in reality.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
To me all coins have the potential to be great and perform excellently. The issue however is the management by the launchers. Some launchers low in terms of creating awareness for their coins.
Nie back to the topic, bitcoins may be living on its old glory but other coins have not really shown the potential that they can actually outshine the bitcoins of today. Things may however change soon.

Samuel72

Verified member
yes of course, there's a possibility for ethereum to become better than bitcoin soon, this is because of the present situation of Bitcoin, presently in the marketplace bitcoin is losing value and the price of Bitcoin is going down, if care is not well taken ethereum will rise above Bitcoin. But presently bitcoin still remain the best.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I don't think Ethereum will become better than Bitcoin. First of all Bitcoin is the oldest crypto currency and more people trust bitcoin than anything else. secondly, no other crypto currency, including ethereum, can surpass the price of bitcoin. THirdly, ethereum has higher transaction cost compared to bitcoin. But I do think Ethereum will be the second best crypto currency.

Nite

Valued Contributor
Ethereum could become a solid candidate as the next Bitcoin. When Bitcoin was just six years old, it was worth around $250. However, in recent times Bitcoin has slumped while Ethereum is reaching new heights. Bitcoin has it's own pros, but Ethereum too could give you bigger gains. Plus, smart contracts have been used on Ethereum for a variety of purposes.

Last edited:

Janiya

I do not know much things about it therium but if we talk about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency they are the most known and and we'll go elements for all the investors who invested their money in these two coins.

ritajane21

I think bitcoin is much better than Ethereum because for the past few years bitcoin perform well. It is unbelievable but the truth is bitcoin goes to that place where we can expect that it would reach that level. Ethereum is just starting its career to increase its value in the market but difficult to say it will perform well in future. Because popularity is low as compare to bitcoin. I think bitcoin is better than Ethereum .

sincerem

VIP Contributor
That will be in the fantasy world, i don't agree on that. I know Ethereum is a promising rising coin, ever since it came live into the crypto market. But the gap between Bitcoin and Ethereum is very high. The statistics are there for us to see. Is it about the price tag nor the market capitalization value? The gap is just too much. I just expect Ethereum to play second fiddle to Bitcoin for a very long time.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Ethereum is a good cryptocurrency no doubt but the issue with them is the ethereum network with high widrawal fee,because this is what is actually discouraging a lot of people who might have been interested to invest in ethereum, I do not believe that ethereum will come and overtake bitcoins in whatever ways because bitcoins is the father of all cryptocurrency.

funmi

Verified member
It is very possible for Ethereum to be better than bitcoin in the nearest future because I can see that bitcoin had gone to it highest height already. On like ethereum that is yet to get to it targeted height. I believe ethereum will get to the point where bitcoin is now. But bitcoin seems not to be going further than it has gone.