"The Customer Is Always Right" Agree or Disagree?

Teatea

The term "The customer is always right" is a slogan or motto that is often used in business especially when there is an argument between a worker and a customer. People are are quick to refer to this slogan even when it is obvious the customer was at fault.
In my own point of view, I think the phrase "the customer is always right" doesn't necessarily mean perfection or that the customer can never be at fault, it is used to define the importance of customers and their relevance in a business. Without the customer, there is no business because there won't be people to patronize the business and the products and services would go to waste. So customers are special and should be treated well with respect.
What do you think? Do you agree or disagree that customers are always right no matter the situation?

eojo2401

Customer are always right but not in all cases. There is an exception to that. In my shop I have wrote a lot of instances where you as a customers will be so liable for your actions and inaction. Even bank always put demarcation to such impression. If you go to Bank now, you will see some printed information that cars are packed at Owers risk. Meaning bank will not be liable for any things that happened to your car.

Maphalle

I think on this one the point is that when you run a business you must know that you will have erring customers. Such customers when they attack you, you cannot go all the way to fight them back. You need be calm and create a win-win situation hence it says the customer is always right.

Briangsam

The statement "customer is always right" might be as old as humans themselves because I have heard it all my life. It is completely true. Businesses are nothing without the customers. They are the oil that keeps the vehicle of businesses moving; and that's figuratively. So it is important to satisfy this group of people.

Ozigba Richard Lamai

customers are always right, yes this statement is right because you are the business man, your business is created for the main objective of satisfying customers need, if your business does not satisfy customers need then that business does not have relevance with this as a business owner you must always do what is right and always be there for your customer irrespective of their reaction and their character you must always know that you are there to satisfy their needs give them the care hospitality and also provide all they asked for.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Customers are always right and every successful businessman knows this. any business that have wants to succeed and make a lot of profit should understand the needs and wants of his customers because without the customers there is no way the business will succeed.
Yes customers are always right because they are at the backbone of the business.

Samuel72

Verified member
according to my own point of view as a well experienced business man I agree to the terms customer are always right but sometimes some customers goes beyond their bounce this is because some customers are rude and they are not understandable such customer should be placed behind bars. every organisation has rules and regulation if the customer cannot go according to the rules and regulations of the organisation and he wishes to do things in his own way then the customer should be changed or sent out

Janiya

I am not agreed with this point that customer is always right because always they start misbehaving arguing and bargaining related to buying the things the shopkeeper always say the same price only sum of profit day hight otherwise they sell their products on reasonable price but the customer start bargaining misbehaving and sometimes they start fighting with the shopkeeper which is very bad for other people who are joining and visiting their shop it puts very bad impression on others people so I am not in favour of those who are saying that they are always right because they are not always right they are always do wrong only few times they are right it but not all the time I am not in favour of the customer.

Mellorando

Banned
No one will like to lose his or her customers so the slogan that says customers is always right is just a way of saying that only customers can tell the business owner to what extent his business is successful and to what extent it products and benefits said members of the public but no doubt customers are always right

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
The term "The customer is always right" is a slogan or motto that is often used in business especially when there is an argument between a worker and a customer. People are are quick to refer to this slogan even when it is obvious the customer was at fault.
In my own point of view, I think the phrase "the customer is always right" doesn't necessarily mean perfection or that the customer can never be at fault, it is used to define the importance of customers and their relevance in a business. Without the customer, there is no business because there won't be people to patronize the business and the products and services would go to waste. So customers are special and should be treated well with respect.
What do you think? Do you agree or disagree that customers are always right no matter the situation?
Who is customer? Customers is the person who left other competitors to buy or patronise you.
Customers is always right because without they their will not be you as a seller.
Some times customer may hurt you as a seller but no matter what they so you must make sure that you do make them angry to the extent of living you for another competitors.

Sammyesx

You are definitely spot on, the term is not an affirmative that the customers can do no wrong, it is born out of the fact that the importation of customers to a business can not be overemphasized, it is just a way of tolerating the customer so as to make them feel important, which they actually are in the real sense of business.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The term “the customer is always right” should not be taken literally. Of course, a person cannot be always right even if you are a religious guru or the most intelligent person. In business it is a 3-pronged partnership - the owner, the supplier, the customer. If any of the supplier or customer gets entangled with an issue against the owner then there is the problem that should be resolved at once.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Many people that commented before me have already done justice to the saying. We should look deeper to the meaning rather than trying to judge it superficially. No one is infallible, meaning customers can be wrong. But the actual meaning is that all business owners need the opinions of the customers.

When customers express their feeling, it doesn't necessarily mean they are condemning us but they are asking us to improve. They may be wrong most time about their perception towards the product they may be condemning, we don't need to get angry at them but rather try to make them feel at ease and furnish them with the right information.

Kendy

Verified member
The customers is always right is an old and still relevant saying or adage that has come to stay.im the business world. It is true and I agree that this statement is true, this adage has an in-depth analysis which means that the customers are the drive and lifewire in any business, without the customers there will be no business. As a business owner, you will come across different calibre of people with different attitude and the way you handle their challenges amicably even to the ones that are uncultured will determine how much you would succeed with customer retention services. However, this statement has also been a source of morale for customers to behave anyhow to entrepreneurs even when there is absolutely no need to, because they know that every entrepreneur would strive to maintain cordiality with their customers not minding their approach.

Customers are always right has also made some business owners run at substantial risks just to please and level up to the demands of their customers not minding the adverse effect on the business. Indeed, entrepreneurs are risk takers and they too should be applauded for helping to solve the needs of the people and also bridging the gap between demand and supply.

Stena

I agree with this statement 100%. If you are into business, you would agree with me that this slogan does not outrightly mean that customers have no fault. The slogan is only used to stress the relevance of customers in our businesses!
Despite being a business owner, I also patronize other businesses, and if I am given that 'customer value', I would never make a comeback.
Customers are always right. It has been that way from the inception of businesses and will remain so, except for those who do not understand the importance of customers.
I see my customers as the backbone of my business because without them, there would be no sales after all and of course no profits.
I try as much as possible to let subordinates understand this, and this has helped them know how better to manage arising conflicts with customers.
Without the understanding that your customers are an integral part of your business, you will end up chasing all your customers when a little disagreement arises.
I have seen a case where, a business owner had to fire an employee because the defaulter talked back to a customer disrespectfully. Now, some would see such consequence as being harsh, but that employer is someone who knows the relevance of his clients whether they were right or wrong.