When the cholesterol level is high

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My cholesterol level is 20 points above the normal level. The doctor in our family said that there are foods that I have to avoid or at least to not eat too often and there are foods that I should be eating regularly. First in the list are the positive foods which are basically vegetables, fruits and nuts. I can abide by that because I love vegetables and I am fond of nuts. With fruits I can also eat the fruits in season particularly the banana and watermelon. Now for the foods that are bad for my cholesterol level, first in the list is red meat. That means beef which I should eat once a month maybe. The list is quite long that includes bakery products like bread and pastries. I wonder why crackers can add to my cholesterol. Anyway, it is time to adjust my plate for the foods that I should eat and for the foods that I should not eat.

What can you add to the food that I can eat and that I cannot eat? Thanks in advance to those who would post their suggestions.

Shaf

Verified member
Generally you should avoid red meats and eggs, avoid using a lot of oil in cooking, which is why you were said to keep off crackers. It has a lot of oil in.

I believe you can either chicken without the skin, which is said to contain a lot of cholesterol. And since you love fruits and vegetables already, that's set.

If it's necessary, your doctor will prescribe medications to help reduce the cholesterol levels, but prevention is way better than cure.

mahatab

Man, a high cholesterol level is not a joke for you. It leads to severe consequences, and I don’t think your family and friends would be thrilled if you died unexpectedly from a heart attack.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
To return back to your weight, The most important thing you need to do is to abide by the rules and regulations that has been given by the doctor so as to avoid unnecessary fat in your system because too much fat generally is dangerous to the body as it can increase the risk of developing some serious illness

If you are still very strong you should also be looking some syllable exercise that will help Sue Bond the fat out of your system because that is one of the quickest way you can relieve your body of fat through sweat. .

If you're interested in food that has been advised by the doctor not to eat because of high fat content you can consider making yourself some pastries out of pure flour without adding fat into it. This is to prevent you from over feeding yourself with sugar . .

Hasan12

High cholesterol is a condition in which there are high levels of cholesterol in the blood. Cholesterol is a waxy substance that is produced by the liver and found in certain foods. There are two main types of cholesterol: low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol and high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol. LDL cholesterol is often referred to as "bad" cholesterol because it can build up in the walls of the arteries and increase the risk of heart disease and stroke. HDL cholesterol is often referred to as "good" cholesterol because it helps remove excess cholesterol from the body.

If you have high cholesterol, it is important to work with your healthcare provider to develop a plan to lower it. This may include lifestyle changes, such as eating a healthy diet, getting regular exercise, and quitting smoking. It may also involve taking medication to lower cholesterol levels. It is important to follow your treatment plan and get regular cholesterol checks to monitor your progress.

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
High cholesterol is a condition that the body has to work to get rid of, and it's something you can't just ignore. But there are steps you can take to help your body get rid of it.

If you have high cholesterol, it means that your body has too much fat and not enough "good" fats, which is something we all need for good health. So how do you get rid of high cholesterol? Here are some tips:

1. Eat foods with less fat and more fiber, such as fruits and vegetables. Fiber helps your body move the cholesterol out of your bloodstream, so eating more will help lower your cholesterol level.

2. Reduce your intake of saturated fat by eating less animal products like red meat and butter. These foods pack a lot of saturated fat into every bite!

3. Drink plenty of water every day, which flushes excess salt out of your body (which contributes to high blood pressure).