There's a truth about cholesterol you need to know

blessingc

Alot of you must have heard the cholesterol quote that says "improve your heart health and lower your cholesterol, so you can do more of what you love", cholesterol is not a bad substance its rather an essential component that builds membrane in your body, it makes vitamins and other hormones. It becomes a problem when the level of it goes high. It is carried in the blood by proteins. Eating fat makes the liver generate more cholesterol than it ought to.
Many people avoid cholesterol-rich food that are also healthy due to fear if risking cholesterol issues or heart diseases. Cholesterol -rich foods are not harmful they are rather nutritious but too much of such meals with no exercise is dangerous. Some of this rich foods that also generate cholesterol which shouldn't be avoided include red meat, eggs, full fat yogurt, sardines and some more. Nevertheless there are some to avoid and limit; foods like fast food processed meats like hotdogs, bacon etc. Ice cream, sweet cakes, fried foods they increase the risk of heart disease and are detrimental to the health.
No one can survive without cholesterol the risk are tied to high cholesterol for those who are obese or having cholesterol issues , I'll advise you to do alot of exercises and focus on food that lowers cholesterol such as beans, fruits, like apple, grapes and citrus fruits nuts like walnuts, almonds peanuts, oats, vegetable oils, soybeans and fatty fish in place of red meat.

Sikapa

Verified member
Wow, useful post i guess you are nurse or something similar. Thank you for teaching us about cholesterol is really amazing and I like that. One thing I know is the doctors are say too much of cholesterol can lead to heart attack or something like that and we also get cholesterol from the food we eat.

Last edited:

blessingc

Wow, useful post i guess you are nurse or something similar. Thank you for teaching us about cholesterol is really amazing and I like that. One thing I know is the doctors are say too much of cholesterol can lead to heart attack or something like that and we also get cholesterol from the good we eat.
Thank you ☺️.
Doctors talk much about intake of cholesterol because alot individuals do not have control over the amount of fatty foods they eat, then the end result some times comes at old age or makes them obese at youth