Controlling high cholesterol level

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In her recent blood chemistry test results my wife has a high cholesterol level. Her sister who is a nurse said that her test results may cause heart attack so she was given an order for her diet in order to control the high cholesterol level.

1) No meat – pork, chicken, beef are our usual meat which is a big contributor to the problem.
2) No soda – the sugar adds to her weight which should also be controlled.
3) Fish and vegetables are the main fare aside from fruits in moderate quantity.

I hope the diet will work for her although I still push for more exercise and physical activity. Her work in the office is sedentary that she probably needs to more more. She gets enough sleep though so that is out of the question.

Mika

VIP Contributor
When my father was diagnosed with high lipid profiles, he was recommended to avoid red meat, cut salt, et a lot of vegetables, and exercise at least 30 minutes every day. Instead of directly prescribing medication, which doctors usually do, the physician recommended father eat a bottle gourd juice every day. Cholesterol levels were down in 4 weeks.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Nice one sir.. this is what a lot of people should try to do ,to keep checking their health and understanding when things are too much in the body system and limit the food that might be responsible for it. with this we will be free from a lot of disease and other related infection and control them properly. Diabetic test is also necessary.

Empress

Verified member
Eating foods in calories causes the cholesterol in the body to be high which leads to series of diseases in the body like heart disease, kidney problem, obesity or being overweight and so much more that is why it is good to always eat a healthy diet and not just any how food