Side effects of drinking too much cold water.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Nothing is as rejuvenating , exciting and chillaxing when you come back from school , work , or wherever on a sunny day and you open your refrigerator or fridge and take out a chill or cold bottle of water gluping it down your throat . Trust me I totally understand how interesting and exciting that moment is . But have you ever asked yourself whether drinking too much of cold water has an effect on your health? I am pretty sure a lot of you haven't ask yourself that question . Scientist and doctors have made it clear that drinking too much cold water has some side effects to our internal body organs .

For example drinking too much cold water can affect the rate of our heartbeat . The beating of the heart tends to decrease when someone consumes cold water . The nerves in the heart tends to beat at normal temperature and so the immediate consumption of icy water makes the heart nerves to beat a lower rate which could lead to coughing and sneezing . Coldwater also affect the digestion process of the stomach . Stomach organs such as the liver and the pancreas usually performed their duties at normal temperature and so when someone immediately glups down icy or cold water it tends to destruct the digestion process making the stomach contract and stiff thereby lowering its ability to process food more efficiently .

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Drinking if cold water is not good at all because it can damage many body system unknowingly. The doctors use to encourage people not to be drinking cold water instead one should be taking normal water that neither cold nor warm.
It can affect some ones voice if care is not taken especially those that use to sing.
It can also cause coughing and aggravate it if one has already has it.
I also learnt that drinking cold water can not solve tasting problem at all but rather subdue it just for a little while.
I really appreciate all your effort by taken you time to explain this and I belive this will really help a lot of people here.

E

eldavis

I was not aware cold water could affect our heart beat, what I know about taking too much cold water is that it could lead to blood viscosity which is the thickness of the blood. When we take too much cold water, our blood becomes congealed, making it too thick to flow properly. This could also lead to stoke over time.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Personally I take cold water most times but most of these things will depend on how people are doing it to be very serious , Some people are doing These things to the extreme. There was a day I saw one woman in A car and the woman was consuming a full bottle of broken freezing water.

And all these things won't really be the best for the human's body is because when they are too much it automatically becomes something dangerous.

There are some hot sunny weather that might really push me to take cold water but what I do is that I don't really take it to the extreme , I have to dilute it and I make sure the cooling effect is not much. Because that is just the best way to take it for me as I understand. But a situation in which you take the cool water that is almost at the point of raising might definitely affect you inside even when you do not know.

We just have to be very careful in most of these things , when they are in large quantity it will definitely affect us and the effect won't always be on the positive in most causes.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I have long stopped taking cool water for about 2 years now. I didn't know that the pains I was having on my joints were due to cold water. I was one person that really loved cold things even used to chew ice just like that but now I run away from all of that. cold water isn't really okay for the body and that's why one needs to be careful take it even if one take it, it shouldn't be a regular thing. Cold affects the heart and the joints of the body. The more you take it, the more you have health issues from it.