Junk Food Addiction

raaman

Valued Contributor
Most of us have experienced strong cravings for certain unhealthy foods, such as chocolates, donuts, salty snacks, refined carbohydrate foods, etc. When we give in to them and eat these foods, they enter our body, but the longing never stop.

What is going on? Is the body playing with you? These cravings actually reflect that your body needs certain minerals, and these minerals may be in unhealthy foods, but only natural sources of minerals can be effectively absorbed and used by the body.

Therefore, no matter how much unhealthy foods you eat, you will be satisfying the desire of the body. Take the chocolate that many people like to eat as an example. Eating chocolates may mean that your body lacks magnesium.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Well, I know sometimes I crave so many unhealthy foods, which I try to take but in very small portion. I don’t think we need to deny ourselves anything, but we need to apply portion control. Satisfy the body with its craving but in a portion that wouldn’t hurt it

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Most of us have experienced strong cravings for certain unhealthy foods, such as chocolates, donuts, salty snacks, refined carbohydrate foods, etc. When we give in to them and eat these foods, they enter our body, but the longing never stop.

What is going on? Is the body playing with you? These cravings actually reflect that your body needs certain minerals, and these minerals may be in unhealthy foods, but only natural sources of minerals can be effectively absorbed and used by the body.

Therefore, no matter how much unhealthy foods you eat, you will be satisfying the desire of the body. Take the chocolate that many people like to eat as an example. Eating chocolates may mean that your body lacks magnesium.
What do we have to understand is that most of this junk food do not contain minerals that is needed in the body. some of its mineral content are mostly fat and salt which can increase the blood sugar of an individual and can sometimes lead to diabetes if consumed for a longer period of time. We have to know this and to refrain yourself from this.

Empress

Verified member
It is actually too much of junk food that is not good for our health but eating it once in a while is not that bad I don't think it will have side effect like that but too much of it can cause series of implications to our wellbeing or our health

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Probably I was one of them but I think that was when I did not really know much about what junk foods are all about , maybe I was just ignorant about the whole thing but now as I've come to understand that junk food does not have anything to offer to the body but rather it destroys the body slowly and might even affect so many people at old age.

Based on my recent research about the consequences and the health implication of consuming junk foods have been able to find out that it could easily leads to risk of developing cancer or diabetes in the future. .

I do take snacks sometimes but I just really have to only take when it is absolutely necessary or once after a long period of time. I love making natural snacks , I do at home such as buns and meat pie.

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
Junk food addiction is a real thing.

It's not just about eating too much, though that's definitely a big part of it. It's about the feeling of being addicted to something you know isn't good for you.

And sometimes, it can be hard to tell if your brain has changed because you've been exposed to something new or because of some other reason. Like when your whole family starts going to the same restaurant and suddenly you're eating way more than what you used to eat? Maybe it's the place. Maybe it's just your family going there together.

But if you find yourself thinking about junk food all the time, even when there aren't any other people around who might be able to influence you… well, that might be an addiction.

There are many dangerous effects that come with this type of addiction, so it's important that you seek help from a professional if you feel like your life is being negatively affected by this habit.

There are many signs that someone may have an addiction to junk food:

1. They eat more than they need to maintain their weight

2. They feel anxious or depressed when they aren't eating junk food

3. Their sleep patterns change when they don't have access to unhealthy foods

4. They feel out of control when they have access to unhealthy foods

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Well, I know sometimes I crave so many unhealthy foods, which I try to take but in very small portion. I don’t think we need to deny ourselves anything, but we need to apply portion control. Satisfy the body with its craving but in a portion that wouldn’t hurt it
I agree with you. I think that if we consume everything in small portions, it will not damage our health. The problems begin when we eat a lot without control. We put on weight and we face so many health problems. Therefore, moderation in all things is definitely the best policy.

Imran Noori

Verified member
Eating healthy should become the most notable part of our lives, without health everything will become difficult for you, schools should pay thei most attention to teach the students about healthy foods and junk foods.

Ayeshabashir

Junk food addriction has seen in many people infact in every person which is not good at all if you consuming it in high proportion. As we all know that excess of everything is bad whether this thing is good for your health or not. We should eat everything in balance quantity so that you will be able to eat this throughout your life.

If we talking about junk food then if we eat it first time then it will not effect your health but if we start eating it daily then it leaves very harmful effects on your body especially your stomach.
because the spices that are using in making junk food are very strong and harmful for body which cause stomachaches.

Try to restrain yourself from this kind of food if you feel craving for junk food then try to make it by yourself at home instead of ordering it from outside.

Last edited: