How To Stop Junk Food Addiction That Ruins Our Health?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
We are living in times where junk food is easily available. In many countries junk food is really cheap. I live in a country where there are literally thousands of restaurants selling junk food. In the pasty, there weren't many restaurants that used to sell fast food or junk food. however, now the situation has changed. you will find junk food restaurants in almost all the markets. In fact, some markets even have 5 restaurants! Junk food addiction is leading to many health drawbacks and diseases. Junk food leads to heart diseases and it also destroys our cognition as well.

The main problem is that junk food addiction is not that easy to deal with. There are many people who spend a lots of money on junk food just because they are addicted to such kind of food. Sometimes, people may even require help in order to stop eating such kind of food because once you become addicted to fast food, you find it really hard to eat food which is prepared in your house. So what are some of the best ways to deal with junk food addiction? What are some tips to stop consuming fast food? Any advice will be appreciated!

E

eldavis

Someone once told me that whatever you do, your why (which is your reason for doing it) should always be strong because it is your motivation. Let's take does who struggle to make money, when asked why, they give reasons like they want a better life, they want to take care of their families, and this is what fuels them to keep pushing forward.
Now you have a solid reason why you want to give up junk. Let that reason be a constant reminder to you, it might not be easy, but keep reminding yourself the danger you are causing to your body, then discipline yourself.

Ayeshabashir

Most of the people think that eating junk food is a fashion in our society it means that if we eat ready made food from market then it will show that you belong to a rich family and afford expensive food but they didn't know how it will effect your health and damage your stomach if someone has a habit of eating junk food then it may lead to many serious health issues for example acne and pimples on their skin due to stomach aches, stomach burn ,heart dieases and also cause many male and female personal problems and the most important due to this your health will become effect badly so we must try to avoid and ignore the junk food if we want to live with loved ones you can eat food which are making at your home by your mother's hand and you can also cook fast food like chicken, pasta and pizza at your home if you want to eat because the spices that the outdoor restuarant used are really very harmful for your stomach if you regularly take the junk food so preventions is better than cure i hope you will understand if someone have the habit of eating junk food

Kola

Verified member
Junks food are not good for the body because when you consume junks you tend to have stomach pain.junks are not good for the body its not good.instead of you to take junks you should try to always to eat fruits it pay than eating junks.fruits give the body more energy but junks cause stomach pain and it is not good.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I agree that there are people who are hooked on junk food. Even our housemaid is a big fan of a fast food outlet that she buys hamburger and fried chicken whenever she had the chance. But most of those addicted to junk food are the youth. They love pizza and other fast food products not to mention the milk tea which is not really a healthy drink. My encouragement to them is to go back to the traditional snack food like the porridge and the noodles. We also have many native snacks like rice cake and banana fritters. I am glad that some kids understand me and that they understand the cost of the junk food is way above the cost of the traditional snack foods here. There is actually a revival of our native snack foods that I am now seeing in the market. However, I still admit that foreign junk food are still the most popular.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Junk food addiction is becoming so common these days for sure. With junk food being sold everywhere you go. It seems business people discovered how addictive it is and so they took advantage of it to start selling to people.

Just like any other addiction, junk food addiction starts in a silly manner. You take junk food once, you brain produces dopamine which is a feel good hormone and so you keep that memory of the goof feelings and so you will want to go back to eat junk food more times so that you can feel that great.

The more you eat them, the deeper your addiction gets. Also, you get all the health problems that comes with eating junk foods. Especially the heart diseases caused by the unhealthy fats found in most junk foods.

The process of ending this addiction is the same as stopping any other addiction. Most times, you may need professional help. But you can start alone by being aware of your addiction. Awareness is the first step to resolution.

Then be aware of any negative feelings or guilt you have towards this addiction. Having a negative self image due to an addiction tends to get you more deep into addiction than out of it. Therefore, change your negativity to self compassion and work at gaining more self control so that you can stop engaging in this act.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Most of the junk food a lot of people are taking into their body will not really help the body and sometimes this is always a major contributor to so many disease in the body because it does not have anything to offer to the human's body .

Most of them is only fill with salt and sodium which is not really needed in the body in larger amounts and can be dangerous when is too much.

It will even be more dangerous if we are taking most of these things into our body then at the end of the day we do not take enough fruit and vegetable to suppress the dangerous side effects of most of these foods. And that is what a lot of people are doing, they rather prefer to take most of these things raw without adding a single vegetable to the junk diet which is very bad

Personally I will always try as much as possible to avoid most of these things because I have research on them many times and I have come to understand that they do not have anything to offer to the human body than to lead our body to some sort of infection and disease most especially at old age.