How Do You Get A Government Job In Your Country? Is It Easy To Get A Government Job In Your Country?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
We all know that we have a choice to work as a government employee or working at a private sector. I am sure that there are many people who would like to have a private job in western countries but things are not as simple as they sound. Applying and getting a position at government level is not that easy in my country due to the fact that there is a lot of discrimination in my country and people have to bribe the upper level officials to get the job and I am extremely against bribe as it is corruption and it should be stopped at all cost. Having said that, the government issues a limited amount of quota and not every one can get a government level job. What is the scenario in your country?

arunima25

Verified member
Though more and more private sectors are coming up in our country and a considerable population are being employed by them. But the charm of government job has not faded away despite the lucrative jobs these private sectors offer. People have preference for government jobs for the additional benefits that it brings. Also it has more job security than one at private corporates. However there is a limited numbers of government jobs.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
If you are a professional with a license like a doctor or an engineer then it is not difficult to find a job provided there is vacancy. But the best way to get a government job is to seek the recommendation of an elected official like a mayor or congressman. Their recommendation is like a passport in securing a job in the government office.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Is not easy at all to secure a government job here in my country that's why people are turning up to online job opportunities to earn their way up and make ends meet instead of relying on government to provide job opportunities that never comes by. The world unemployment rate is alarming that's why we need to learn skill on our own to succeed the unemployment period.

AmaliaTG

We all know that we have a choice to work as a government employee or working at a private sector. I am sure that there are many people who would like to have a private job in western countries but things are not as simple as they sound. Applying and getting a position at government level is not that easy in my country due to the fact that there is a lot of discrimination in my country and people have to bribe the upper level officials to get the job and I am extremely against bribe as it is corruption and it should be stopped at all cost. Having said that, the government issues a limited amount of quota and not every one can get a government level job. What is the scenario in your country?
It's becoming close to impossible to get a job in my homeland country. Actually even interns have a hard time getting those internship here. Mainly because of corruption and the fact that most employment here require you to have above 5 years experience. How will a university student who just graduated and did internship (which is a miracle to get internship) have 5 years of experience surely? In my country one has to have good connections to have this work privileges. People are tired to even looking for those jobs, they are doing Bussines. I mean, it's tough here.

arunima25

Verified member
Most of the government job here in my country have certain required qualifications and some entrance tests. The ones which are respected a lot and are sought after have a really tough entrance exams and interviews to clear. Some recommendations and bribing can work for lower positions but not for these respectable ones. And we do have quota and reservations for the the underprivileged.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
It is not easy as well in my country to get job in a public sectors or under government due to the high level of corruption of those at the affairs of the country. In my country as a graduate is if you are wiser than king Solomon that does not denote of you getting job unless you get connection with people in government.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Though more and more private sectors are coming up in our country and a considerable population are being employed by them. But the charm of government job has not faded away despite the lucrative jobs these private sectors offer. People have preference for government jobs for the additional benefits that it brings. Also it has more job security than one at private corporates. However there is a limited numbers of government jobs.

From what country do you belong to? I am from Pakistan and the condition is pretty much the same in here. Most of the people prefer government jobs due to the fact that it is possible to earn more money doing less work. This is not the case with private sector where they make you work more and more and pay you less.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
In my country, it is not an easy thing at all and this is due to the fact that we have a lot of graduates coming out from different universities every year, but there are no enough companies to hire them .

The high level of corruption that is going on in our country is also a contributing factor .

The leaders at the top are usually making sure that they secure all the available vacant jobs for their family members and their friends only .

A situation is increasingly getting bad, especially when you consider the rate at which our population is also increasing .

I believe that things like this are usually aimed at making sure that people begin to think outside the box and realize that the government alone cannot be able to give them what they want .

This is a major reason why you will see a lot of us from Nigeria trying as much as possible to make sure that we are exploring opportunities that are available, either offline or online so as to make some money for ourselves even when the government has failed us for Long, by not providing jobs for citizens .

It is really not easy for us here in Nigeria .

arunima25

Verified member
From what country do you belong to? I am from Pakistan and the condition is pretty much the same in here. Most of the people prefer government jobs due to the fact that it is possible to earn more money doing less work. This is not the case with private sector where they make you work more and more and pay you less.
I am from India. People do prefer government jobs over private ones for better benefits and for job security. Private jobs do pay well here but there is always a constant pressure to perform and no job security. One can loose jib if the performance is not upto mark or if there is sudden socio economic changes like a recession. Jobs are secure in private sector.
My husband has come from a public sector to private. Not only the payment was way better,, he also enjoys challenges at work. He did not get that work satisfaction in a public sector... So, it also depends on the individual.
In India, private firms are running the economy as many MNCs have invested here. Also,mote and more local start ups are there. So, a majority of efficient people are in private sector and they are happy. But still majority keep striving for government job.