Is business better or government job for a person?

Lekhraj19

Verified member
I have always thought of this question in my mind that if the two ways i.e. business and government job pays the same, then what is better?

If you talk of load and pressure involved in the two works, certainly government job doesn't contain much load and people can do their job without any pressure there. But, when it comes of business and it's outcomes then its outcomes are quite unpredictable I would say, it would give you too much or can make you nothing after doing a lot of investment. Although, in long term business has always helped as it has not only served for the person after he delegates the business to other people, also they play a role in the nation's economy then too.
On the other hand, government jobs can just serve one family after retirement.

Joseph555

There is this adage that says that we should not put all our eggs in one basket therefore, I believe that humans are capable of performing more than one task at a time, take up the government job and as time goes by you set up your business.
Opportunity comes but not always so no opportunity should be wasted.
I urge our good people and friends who may find themselves in this kind of dilemma to take both opportunities and they will be glad they did.

Hena101

Both of them are important looking at how our environment is. Depending on one may be dangerous because when it failed or something happened it make someone to start a fresh again. Working with government can guarantee you a fixed income that come every month and pension when you retired. While your business can guarantee you at least daily income and you do it at your own time. So to me both are important depending on how we see it.

D

Deleted member 28873

Is business better or government job for a person? my reply to this is know themselve.If you are someone who like playing it save government job is advisable for you but If you are someone that like investing you could open your own business,most people do both to be more secured.Government work is dependant and owning your own business is independent.Yes, having a business to be called yours is actually the best of all. You don't have to rely on people or the government for financial supports and the likes. With your business, strike or no strike does not affect you.

Abee111

This question always comes to my mind that when I finish my studies, should I just go for government work or I should just set up my business and depend on it only.and I also ask my self which of them is better.
Government work is dependant and owning your own business is independent and both of them have both the good side and the bad side
So I think to me if possibly you can own them at the same time do them because when anything happens to your salary, your business is there to save you,or when there is no customers to patronize your business, your salary is there to save u too.

MarieArie

For me I will love to go in to business because it will give time for my self an also be independent on my own, have a business is a great opportunity for u to create employment for other people.for instead Lest year when there is covid-19 and the government ask everybody to stay at home,dos one doing business are still making there money Y the government works were at home doing nothing an some were not pay,so on my own I believe business is greater than government jobs
Yes, having a business to be called yours is actually the best of all. You don't have to rely on people or the government for financial supports and the likes. With your business, strike or no strike does not affect you; you still earn your income on regular basics. I could remember the covid-19 period, some employees were actually looking forward to receiving a salary or not in the first one month. Some people's salaries were slashed. What a pity!

Aniwhyte

Business is a lot more better than working under the government, business produces a lot of money that no government job could pay unless you are working in an oil company, I would have been swimming in millions already if not that capital has been an hindrance from making me start up my own business, I intends opening an electrical and electronics shop, as I already have all the skill and information that it takes to be successful in this line of business.

Obi kaka

For me I will love to go in to business because it will give time for my self an also be independent on my own, have a business is a great opportunity for u to create employment for other people.for instead Lest year when there is covid-19 and the government ask everybody to stay at home,dos one doing business are still making there money Y the government works were at home doing nothing an some were not pay,so on my own I believe business is greater than government jobs

Maven Tiger

White collar job isn't made for someone who loves to experiment and use his/her problem solving skills tackle real life scenarios. I personally won't take up a white collar job for the reasons listed below.
It Makes one less physically fit:
The sad part about being a white collar worker is that it makes you less physically fit. You will be sitting in a cubicle for 8 to 9 hours every day at a stretch. So there is a chance that you might become laid back about your work and life in general.

Plus if you want to stay fit, you will have to spend money on going to a good gym so that would increase your costs, something you will not have to do as a white collar worker.

Increase in Work pressure
When you are working in the white collar field, the work pressure will automatically increase. You will be expected to meet a lot of deadlines, work and deliver on time, expected to make a lot of presentations etc.

Also, you will be competing with a lot of people. So they are going to expect you to work very hard before you are promoted. You have to be ready for that if you want to work as a white collar employee.

Lastly, People who have worked as white collar employees have often ended up with glasses after a point. And we bet damaging your vision is the last thing you want, especially you are so much dependent on your eyes, almost entirely

Maks25

Osun state is owing their doctors almost 22 months salaries
Benue, Bayelsa and the rest are owing too. Hope you know they are government workers too?
The only secure job is the one that you can employ yourself, give your self compulsory leave, pay yourself, decide to come late or close early, etc

The only secure job is the one that you call the shots

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
I don't see any reason why the both can not be tried out together afterall one must not get fed up of making money.. Government work gives you opportunity to loans that you can pay at your pace and their workers close as late as 2pm-4pm everyday... Most of them have side businesses that they go immediately after work with the government and most of the business are fund with loan that have little interest... As a woman my future goal is to secure a government work after school because there are much opportunities to go along with it.

marcusfe

It actually depends on what you have passion for. Some people are career focused while some are business minded. I would have said that government job is better because of the job security involved but some government jobs do not worth it. I'm a business oriented people I would chose the business over government job because it's what gives me joy and rest of mind. I like being my own boss at all time.

Olajidey

This is a serious decision to make, we have to look into the kind of business if the business is not a big business I won't encourage you to choose between the two this is because business does have their challenges and without capital, you won't be able to bounce back but if you are still on the government payroll you can use the salary to bounce back on the business. so it is better to do the two together if you can.

BuchiBankz

Doing business need some specific qualities, managing people and matters, taking smart decisions, acquiring required resources, capital, planning and implementing strategies to achieve set goals in stipulated time. So I prefer doing business to government job.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Business is than better than government Job in the sence that ,when you are doing business you don't need to wait till the month end before you will know may be you are making profit or not.
You don't need to wait till the end of the month before you spend so far you are making profit you can easily spend from it.
Business is more reliable than Government job because at any time one may be asked to live but in business since you knowhow to manage your business very well no body can just ask you to stop doing the business if its a legal business.

Nicklas22

There nothing better than been the boss of yourself and when you have people working under you
Owning your own business is the best, you can control your wealth and you don't wait for anyone before you get paid
For one thing it is not easy getting a government job, you need to have the connection to secure the job. Most times you have to pay a huge sum of money before it can be given to you
I know starting a business is not easy but if you have the necessary knowledge about the business you will definitely succeed.

Kennysplash

Verified member
I have always thought of this question in my mind that if the two ways i.e. business and government job pays the same, then what is better?

If you talk of load and pressure involved in the two works, certainly government job doesn't contain much load and people can do their job without any pressure there. But, when it comes of business and it's outcomes then its outcomes are quite unpredictable I would say, it would give you too much or can make you nothing after doing a lot of investment. Although, in long term business has always helped as it has not only served for the person after he delegates the business to other people, also they play a role in the nation's economy then too.
On the other hand, government jobs can just serve one family after retirement.
If I am to choose I will choose business over government job. For one thing it is not easy getting a government job, you need to have the connection to secure the job. Most times you have to pay a huge sum of money before it can be given to you. But even after paying this money there is no guarantee that you will get the job. So as long as I have the means I prefer starting my own business to soliciting for government job. As long as I put in my best in my business and take care of it it can last a very long time but I can be sacked anytime from a government job, that means I have to start all over. So having my own business is the real deal.

Finger Geek

Verified member
Starting a business is the best. But it will only be good if there is enough money to do the business. If the business is successful, you will earn in a month more than a person working with the government for 2 -5 years. But if the money at hand for the business is small. Then working in the government office is far better, for you will receive your salary regular. Some times you will have access to some loan that you can pay in more than a year.

greatguy1

Business or Government job, none is better as it depends on the individual. What is your capacity and where would you better fit in? A business person would take more risks than a government worker but the reward could amass more wealth or lead to bankruptcy. Business men all over the world would make more money than Government job workers but a worker can also set up a business and make money. It all depends on the individual and his or her capacity.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
There are many reasons a lot of people prefer to start their own businesses and one of the main reasons is that they do not want to be paid a fixed amount of income or monthly basis. If you start your own business there are a lot of advantages to it because you are your own boss and start a chance of employ other people. you also have the opportunity to grow and make a whole lot of money from your business provided you have proper knowledge and understanding of how business works.
On the other hand, there are some people who are not interested in starting their own business but they derive joy and working for other people and getting paid for it. There are some jobs you will get and you will have the opportunity to learn a whole lot of things and make a lot of money. You will also have the opportunity to meet a lot of people from different walks of life and socialize. there are some jobs especially government jobs that gives you the opportunity to grow in your career and achieve your aim. It is just all about personal preference but personally, I would choose to start my own business.