Private job Vs Government Job! What do you prefer?

Lekhraj19

Verified member
There has always been a discussion in the community we live that is the government job better or private job better? If you talk of traditional Indian families, still people think that Government job is the best suited for a person. But, I think it's depending on the person needs and what we want to achieve in life. If I talk of the income of government jobs, it's more likely fixed for a long interval of time. I have seen such jobs to where people just sit for 8 hours a day and do almost nothing and getting paid for it, and people do prefer those jobs due to the job security. But, being at work and doing nothing productive seems quite awkward to me.

And, it doesn't support the nation's economy too at the same time. I truly believe that to grow the economy of a nation's private sector plays a more important role than the government ones. What's your opinion?

IamDozzy

As a Nigerian living in Nigeria, I prefer private jobs to government jobs. Reason being that, government jobs are filled with mediocres whom only care for their bellies and are highly corrupt. In most government institutions, there is little or no productivity due to lack of facilities or incentives to work. Although some people might prefer government jobs due to job security but I feel that's rather selfish. In private forms, there's a enough incentives to encourage productivity and innovation. This in turns develops and individual especially someone just starting out into an industry giant professionally.

Nii41

Job security is guaranteed with a government job, the job will always be there without it going extinct, in as much as the pay may not be as high as private sectors, government workers still get to enjoy free medical services, pension, etc. For the private job, you may not have that job security because a private company can seize to exist. Private companies pay their workers a reasonable sum of money which can be really helpful to an individual, their workers also enjoy some incentives too. In the end, wherever you find yourself, just make sure you can accomplish your career goals.