Which do you prefer, online or offline business?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Any type of business would be fine with me as long as it falls under my passion. But for convenience maybe I would choose retailing food items whether we cook it or just buy the products for selling. My target market base is our neighborhood. Yes, a small business has less stress and it can also be a good money maker.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I think nowadays, both are kind of intertwined to each other, because now a lot of offline businesses are going online just for the sake of more sales and all sorts. And some business that started online are also going offline for more customers, so to me, it’s like both matters, but if I have to choose between the two of them, I think I will prefer making my money offline, the reason is that, offline seems more real than depending all your investment online, look at it this way, what if internet crashes someday, would you still have any hope of making a living when all your hope lies on it.

Skysaint

Verified member
Offline business needs a lot of commitments and managerial skills. For instance, you need a proper office location, you need furniture and other resources, you need a big team to manage your various departments like sales, products development, marketing, management, etc. But for online business there is no such requirements.
If actually you have an online store where you get in touch with online customers to trade a physical goods then you will be needing most of these things you just made mention of. If you are dealing on men and women's wear for example, you will need an offline store and also make provisions on how to get these products to wherever your online customers is for delivery. So I think it's almost same thing like running an offline cloth store but wishes to create an online presence for it.
The example you gave may apply only to those offering services online like a freelancer or a blogger. These set of individuals won't be needing an offline shop to make their online job possible.

Skysaint

Verified member
Both the online and offline business are good but both of them still have there own disadvantages if not well manage.
Online business is good because one can just sit down at home and make some money so far one is creative and can write very well.
But offline in the other way round do not need to connect to the internet before one can make good progress . what some body just need is that of a good place where one can put shop and start the business and before you know it one will started earning good money
You're right about that mate. Every business whether offline or online actually do have their own good sides and downsides, it actually depends on which interests the individual the most and which he or she is happy or comfortable doing.
But the truth is that my region or rather put the lower tier regions do face a lot of challenges while making money online which is actually the first downside I noticed. And I believe most businesses that can be run offline can also be taken online to create more awareness and also attract more customers.
My point actually is that combining the two will be for the best.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Both the online and offline business are good but both of them still have there own disadvantages if not well manage.
Online business is good because one can just sit down at home and make some money so far one is creative and can write very well.
But offline in the other way round do not need to connect to the internet before one can make good progress . what some body just need is that of a good place where one can put shop and start the business and before you know it one will started earning good money

Skysaint

Verified member
On microjob sites and especially Picoworkers you have a restriction so you can't take a break more than 6 days from microjobs otherwise your level will decrease. This will affect the number of the jobs that you are allowed to do each month like for example there are 20 % of jobs for expert level and 30 % of jobs for advanced level and 50 % for starter level so you can perform half of tasks if you stay inactive for several weeks and downgrade progressivelly from level 10 to level 0.
Well, I haven't really worked on any of these sites you've mentioned except for micro tasks that made me lose interest even before I even got started. But I think you have a point in what you said especially for those who intend to earn their full time income online, you need to be very active on your online earning platforms so you could make more money in a shorter period. For example, as a graphics designer you can't possibly stay away from work when you have a potential client in need of your services and when you finally get the job, there is always a timeframe you both agreed on that you'd be through with the work at such time which means you really can't say inactive for long.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Offline business needs a lot of commitments and managerial skills. For instance, you need a proper office location, you need furniture and other resources, you need a big team to manage your various departments like sales, products development, marketing, management, etc. But for online business there is no such requirements.

D

Deleted member 28127

I too really likes the idea of working online as you're disposed to working anytime you're pleased but what I don't really like about it is the restrictions most users from the lower tier countries do suffer while working online. It may be due to the use of Paypal as the only payout option and also the competitive nature of the online market
On microjob sites and especially Picoworkers you have a restriction so you can't take a break more than 6 days from microjobs otherwise your level will decrease. This will affect the number of the jobs that you are allowed to do each month like for example there are 20 % of jobs for expert level and 30 % of jobs for advanced level and 50 % for starter level so you can perform half of tasks if you stay inactive for several weeks and downgrade progressivelly from level 10 to level 0.

Skysaint

Verified member

Both has the same target. To make money is their major target. But if I am to choose between the two platform, I will prefer the online business because it is not as stressful as the offline business. The other reason is that it is not expensive to set up.
I too really likes the idea of working online as you're disposed to working anytime you're pleased but what I don't really like about it is the restrictions most users from the lower tier countries do suffer while working online. It may be due to the use of Paypal as the only payout option and also the competitive nature of the online market

Skysaint

Verified member
Online business are those kinds of business where we sit at the comfort of our homes while using the internet to make money. Usually, buyers and sellers makes most of their business dealings online. This is in contrary to offline business which necessarily don't require the use of the internet to make a living. Most times, one needs to move out of their homes to make some earning. Buyers and sellers involved in this kind of business do most times have physical interaction.
Over the years, the use of online method to make a living has become almost has rampant as the offline method. People are now getting used to technological advancement day by day as more people trade online.
Am still a student and so only engaged in online earning method, I don't really know much about offline trading. So between the two, which do you prefer online or offline business?

Skysaint

Verified member
if you ask me I am going to choose online business because there is no point in working out for local currency here when I can make foreign currency from the internet without doing shady business. all I need is to make little amount of money from the internet and it will becomes big by the time I convert it to local currency here.
Yeah, I agree with you. This is one of the reasons I do prefer online business to offline, one could actually make foreign currency from online platforms and although might seem like a very small amount of cash but if it should be converted to our local currency could worth much. Online business could also pave way for earning crypto coin which is in itself very lucrative.

Skysaint

Verified member
I do not see a big difference between online and offline businesses. If you have an online business, you can try to sell via offline channels and if you have an offline business, you can sell via an online channel. If I have to choose one, I will go with an online business because start up cost is small.
Yeah, you are right. That's is the same even in my own case. Am still a student and lack the capital to setup a business so I do actually find online business more easy and convenient for me to run and earn some cash. You're also right because I think both online and offline business are sometimes inter dependent on each other but I personally find online method more relaxing and less stressful tho

kayode10

VIP Contributor
if you ask me I am going to choose online business because there is no point in working out for local currency here when I can make foreign currency from the internet without doing shady business. all I need is to make little amount of money from the internet and it will becomes big by the time I convert it to local currency here.

D

Deleted member 28127

After period of working online you need to meet persons that you deliver online work because you need to know team that you work with them online more for example if you are providing designing services using fiverr may some people needs to contact you directly because they do not have much time to deliver you work every time especially services related to photoshop, graphic design, powerpoint, excel, they may accomplish with you 5 or 6 works from fiverr then asks to meet you to deliver you work directly especially if you are in the same country or town.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Both has the same target. To make money is their major target. But if I am to choose between the two platform, I will prefer the online business because it is not as stressful as the offline business. The other reason is that it is not expensive to set up.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I think both are okay with me cos both are can bring money effectively. I think if I have both offline and online businesses, I just to manage them very well to be able to earn. I think there are billions of people in the world, if I'm correct and the internet world too is big, so both can fetch us money.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I do not see a big difference between online and offline businesses. If you have an online business, you can try to sell via offline channels and if you have an offline business, you can sell via an online channel. If I have to choose one, I will go with an online business because start up cost is small.