Between online and offline store which one do you prefer to start up??

Finger Geek

Verified member
I prefer online store. While operating online store. You don't need much workers to work with you. It is a business that you yourself alone can do. It will also reduce the money spent on opening a store.
Operating an online store, will make your company to do transactions not only in your local area, but around the whole world.
With just small amounts of money like $50. You can start an online store by buying goods from China. China has the cheapest products to sell. Anyone interested cabbage buy goods from 1688. They have the cheapest goods online.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Both the online and offline store actually have its advantages as well as disadvantages. In online stores millions of have access to what you are selling and you be patronize from far and near in online business while, offline store is more of physical and direct market or store as the case may be where people will have contact you physically to make transactions. I prefer online store where I can accessible a large number of people to offline store.
Nice comparison there, you did good to figure out the both qualities and how they operate. I have long admired online store to an offline type. With online, your influence in the internet world will make your business reach out to people all over. And they will start looking for a way to access your site to know what you offer. If you offer quality stuffs you gonna be making steady sales via it. But during an offline store, you'll only market your products withing your shop location, and not everyone will get to know it, cos it is not bound to online presence. Meaning you will sell base on the people in that area patronising you.

Thosynho

The world is gradually moving to digital store. Lots of offline stores owners are establishing online stores for their business even before covid19 started. But increased extremely high since covid19 interrupted many offline business. Some offline business are still functioning too. But due to the risk of people contracting corona virus, the government put stop on many offline businesses. But the ones that started long ago via online didn't experience such set back. Rather they increase their volume to sell faster than what they were selling when covid19 never started. Online stores are on demand cos of the massive increase of request validated by people ordering things online. If corona virus continues like this for years, i don't think their will be many offline business to exist and operate in full license.

Which one is more preferable for you to start up, offline or online store??
Both the online and offline store actually have its advantages as well as disadvantages. In online stores millions of have access to what you are selling and you be patronize from far and near in online business while, offline store is more of physical and direct market or store as the case may be where people will have contact you physically to make transactions. I prefer online store where I can accessible a large number of people to offline store.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Considering the fact that, people don't want to be stressing theirselves anymore when the world in growing everyday on digitalization and considering the stress someone will go through for going to the store himself or herself to buy and also move it to his or her destination.
That's another point you are making dear. Some persons don't like such burden of being in a haste to buy from the manufacturers and quickly filled the shops with the products gotten. They view it as stress and are not willing to embark on such kind of task to sell offline. But in some case you must do it in order to drive your offline business forward. That's the way offline stores operate and if you don't operate that way you might be using. Online stores might cover lots of sellers of different kinds, they'll simply buy space via your platform to market their own product too. That will make it more interesting cos you don't have to move an inch to make your money. Everything is programmed, both the delivery man is also up and running.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
With my experience in retailing business I would prefer an offline store over an online store. I know that it is more expensive to maintain an online store because there is the rental expense. But in the long run the profit margin is higher and the benefit goes to the customer. In an online store the reliance is on the delivery system that if you will compute the transactions you will notice that a large part of the transaction goes to the delivery charge. With the offline store it is part of the business to have a social aspect that you meet the customers in person.
You spoke admirably, not everyone finds success with online store. Some see offline as the best, even when the world is gradually redirecting into online store due to the effect of covid19 to life and property. The covid19 caused many people to realise the benefit of an online store, most of them relied on the offline means due to lack of experience to set up that same business online. Some of them have shut down base on the crowd they command. Had it been it was an online store he or she runs, i wouldn't see it go on a shut down. It is important that when you have a lucrative store offline try to implement it online too. I know its expensive but through savings at some duration of time you can achieve such land mark to start it up.

Abu4exel

Considering the fact that, people don't want to be stressing theirselves anymore when the world in growing everyday on digitalization and considering the stress someone will go through for going to the store himself or herself to buy and also move it to his or her destination.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
With my experience in retailing business I would prefer an offline store over an online store. I know that it is more expensive to maintain an online store because there is the rental expense. But in the long run the profit margin is higher and the benefit goes to the customer. In an online store the reliance is on the delivery system that if you will compute the transactions you will notice that a large part of the transaction goes to the delivery charge. With the offline store it is part of the business to have a social aspect that you meet the customers in person.

Flow-er

The level of our understanding will play wa very big roll in this regard. Both the offline and online establishments are the same and we cannot really say that one is much more easier to startup than the other. This will take me to the aforementioned statements, the ease to which we establish a business, whether it is offline or it is online, will greatly depend on the knowledge that we have around the business.

Mr A has a very good knowledge around establishing a supermarket offline but he doesn't know to establish the same investment online, is very clear that Mr A will prefer to go for the offline supermarket because that is where his strengths lies due to his knowledge. On the other hand, Mr B is very versatile on online business, it is very clear that he will go for the creation of the e-commerce store instead of the supermarket. This is also because his knowledge around online establishment is more . He will be doing himself a great favour by choosing the online investments.

Now, putting the questions to me, I will prefer the offline establishment because I am more experienced in that area as an entrepreneur.

funmi

Verified member
Well, offline store is the normal store that we have been running and used to for a long time now. Some people can't run online store because They can't operate the internet.
If am to check on the advantage of online and offline business store, I think online store has more advantage than that of offline store in terms of conviniency. Now a days, technology has helped to change many things. With technology, someone who has goods to sell will not be limited bto his or her environment alone, you can advertise your goods online and many people all over the world can view the advert and can patronise you.
But offline can not make you to go that far, you can only be know within your locality or your state but not world wide. Though, some still prefer the old ways of doing things by going to the stores to check out what they want to buy and even test them before purchasing the goods.
One disadvantage I noticed about buying goods from online store is that, at times, some of there goods they advertise online may not really be what they will eventually send to you after paying them. Which can be very annoying and disappointing.

Mika

VIP Contributor
When I decided to work online, the first thing I decided was to start my own online store. However, when I did research I discovered that online stores had a low success rate and required high investment. I need to spend at least $10 per month for VPS hosting, I need to spend at least $100 for advertising every month, and spend over $3000 to build the store and inventory. If I tried dropshipping instead of building my own inventory, I still needed at least $500 to build a store and spend a lot of money on marketing. Therefore, instead of an online store, I started a blog, which after 2 years is becoming very fruitful for me. However, these days I am also selling online through various marketplaces. I mainly sell on facebook marketplace, etsy and redbubble. The best thing about selling on these marketplaces is you do not have to spend money to build your online store. However, you have an opportunity to make a lot of money by selling products. Starting an offline store cost a lot of money, you also need a lot of money to run the store, Online stores cost less, therefore, I believe if you want to start a business try an online business.