Between online and offline store which one do you prefer to start up??

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
The both are reliable, though the location you are in is a great factor in determining which of the two you would settle for, if you are in a place where less people trust online transaction, then an offline store would be better option. Some people dislike the idea of having to wait for days before receiving their goods, sometimes it even takes months or weeks. This now means you can not get something urgently, but wait for days or weeks before receiving them.

Having said all these, offline stores are the best for me and they are easily accessible.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I will prefer on online store, online store are very good and you can chat with their customers care of you need any assistance and you don't have to waste many time
It's easier to start up an online store without capital while for an offline store you do need capital to start up, because renting a physical store where your product will be kept will be paid for.
I just think offline store are expensive than online store but both are very good.
Their is a point you'll reach in your online business, then you need to expand it to build an ecommerce site to suit your customers choice well. By that time you'll be spending more than the offline store you said its kinda expensive. Only store is type by type, their are the ones you market using your smart device to initiate while some you need to hire a webmaster to develop it for you in order for you to earn exponentially as time goes. If you don't choose such idea you might be using trust for your online business, cos some customers wanna see advancement in your business mode.

Segshowee

The world is gradually moving to digital store. Lots of offline stores owners are establishing online stores for their business even before covid19 started. But increased extremely high since covid19 interrupted many offline business. Some offline business are still functioning too. But due to the risk of people contracting corona virus, the government put stop on many offline businesses. But the ones that started long ago via online didn't experience such set back. Rather they increase their volume to sell faster than what they were selling when covid19 never started. Online stores are on demand cos of the massive increase of request validated by people ordering things online. If corona virus continues like this for years, i don't think their will be many offline business to exist and operate in full license.

Which one is more preferable for you to start up, offline or online store??
We are in digital era, I prefer online store to physical store. The conveniency associated with online store cannot be overemphasized. You can shop online from your comfort zone anytime of the day. This makes it my preferred.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Well both are good to startup and also have advantages and disadvantages too. It's easier to start up an online store without capital while for an offline store you do need capital to start up, because renting a physical store where your product will be kept will be paid for. But for online you can just put most of your products in your house and start doing your marketing online. The online issue is delivering to agents because that will be on you and that alone is another stress on its own because during this process the goods might get damaged or lost and you will either refund the buyer or issue another products, but for offline store it's not like that since the buyer will be coming down to your store to pick his or her goods, and after that whatever happens next is not your concern. So both are good in their own ways, but if am to choose I will prefer doing both to earn more.
Your right with your points dear. Both have their own flaws and advantages too. It depends on our preference, I prefer online store type cos, at first time you don't need much money to set up your store. With little money your store we'll be up and running. But during an offline business type or store, your products needs a store and one pays huge amount in the developed settlement to acquire a shop to settle his or her goods in. We know its possible through money, with out some good amount of capital one can't start an offline store.

Finger Geek

Verified member
Online is a lucrative type of business to make money with. But needs one that is financial buoyant to establish such kind of business to drive home steady income online. It will cost whole lots money for one to start any online store, but if established and and managed the best possible way, cash flows like water and never lacks. Everything centres to vision and hard work, i believe in your vision to achieve such success in creating an online store. Hard harder with consistency, plan ahead of time for your future business and believe you gonna achieve it. And surely you will attain such level in your career owning an online store.
There is one thing about online store that you are not getting. The cost of having an online store is low to that of starting an offline store.
For example, to start an offline store
You will need a space to rent or buy, and that is a whole lots of money but in online you will only need a domain name and a host company which is very cheap.
In offline store you will need some workers to work with you from cleaner to security to sales rep and many more. But for online you don't need such

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I will try my best to work offline with online both because in this modern world we can not live our life on one sallery so we should try to work both online and offline both,as I am doing this.
They both have their own value as in offline business we have to come and join on time as work properly.
On other hand in working online we can take any project and can work in this project any time when we get the chance so I will suggest myself to work on both side.
Is good for you to manage both your offline and online gigs at the same time if your schedule daily can permit that. I work both online and offline cos my daily working schedule can permit that. I see no difficulty working on both when each of them doesn't entangle the other. As far as the offline gives you some time you can still use that free time working online and earning something extra out of it than using it for unproductive things that won't add value any time soon. I enjoy working on both cos i know how rewarding they are to me at the moment.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
As a startup it is very super easy to start online store because what you need is an android phone and a good internet connection you just have to download and register on WhatsApp, Telegram, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and promote your products from there as time goes on you can now have your offline store and I don't see any reason why you have to choose between the two you can just grow the two together as it is not affecting or making you have responsibility keeping both.
You can't have the full coverage running an online store using your smart phone. You need a web developer to help you develop an online store like Amazon or jumia type of ecommerce platform. You can only use your smart phone to create an advert for your products and not creating an online store. Your phone doesn't specify the option for your customers to pay money via their credit or debit card. And your phone can't provide the options of multiple item selections presented in variety of colours and samples with different seizes. And you can ship goods/merchandise to your customers living in another part of the world. That's why you need to set up a massive ecommerce site to handle all this things i mentioned.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I prefer online store. While operating online store. You don't need much workers to work with you. It is a business that you yourself alone can do. It will also reduce the money spent on opening a store.
Operating an online store, will make your company to do transactions not only in your local area, but around the whole world.
With just small amounts of money like $50. You can start an online store by buying goods from China. China has the cheapest products to sell. Anyone interested cabbage buy goods from 1688. They have the cheapest goods online.
Online is a lucrative type of business to make money with. But needs one that is financial buoyant to establish such kind of business to drive home steady income online. It will cost whole lots money for one to start any online store, but if established and and managed the best possible way, cash flows like water and never lacks. Everything centres to vision and hard work, i believe in your vision to achieve such success in creating an online store. Hard harder with consistency, plan ahead of time for your future business and believe you gonna achieve it. And surely you will attain such level in your career owning an online store.

Olajidey

As a startup it is very super easy to start online store because what you need is an android phone and a good internet connection you just have to download and register on WhatsApp, Telegram, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and promote your products from there as time goes on you can now have your offline store and I don't see any reason why you have to choose between the two you can just grow the two together as it is not affecting or making you have responsibility keeping both.

Janiya

I will try my best to work offline with online both because in this modern world we can not live our life on one sallery so we should try to work both online and offline both,as I am doing this.
They both have their own value as in offline business we have to come and join on time as work properly.
On other hand in working online we can take any project and can work in this project any time when we get the chance so I will suggest myself to work on both side.

Nii41

There are advantages and disadvantages to both mediums. For the offline store, you can choose to do your business at home, that way you don't have to pay for rent of a shop or other expenses that may come with it, although it is limited because only the people that access that area will be able to see the shop and purchase whereas doing your business online can give you a wider audience, although if your selling through a site, you will definitely pay for maintenance of the site, to avoid that one can sell on social media platforms. It is advisable to use both means. Sell your business both online and offline.

Lekhraj19

Verified member
After college graduation, and doing quite a few years of job in my future life I have thought to start a business that works online. And, with online businesses it's true that there are a few domains only where you can sell physical objects or things. Mostly it's a kind of service on the web or software-based. My study is related to it and I am quite acquainted with the way online things work.
So, I would go for online startups when comes for business.

Donkiz

One of the beauty of having an online store is that it helps you to reach out to more people and have clients and customers in different locations. In some online businesses like dropshipping, you don't even touch the products that you are selling, thereby minimizing costs for you as you don't have to worry about storage and delivery of the products.

With the peculiarity of the times we are currently living, online business is the best to start for anyone that wants to start a new business. But that doesn't mean that those already into offline businesses should throw away their products, all they need is to create online presence and add delivery of products to the business and they will be fine.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
To be frank, if I am to start any business, I will prefer the online business for different reasons. Number one is that online business requires less attention. I don't need to physically present before to attend to teeming customers at the same time. If it is in offline business, it maybe difficult to attend to many customers at the same time. Also, I prefer online business because it allows accessibility to other people even outside my country. This may not be so in offline business, because it is mostly patronize by the people withinhe within the vicinity.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The world is gradually moving to digital store. Lots of offline stores owners are establishing online stores for their business even before covid19 started. But increased extremely high since covid19 interrupted many offline business. Some offline business are still functioning too. But due to the risk of people contracting corona virus, the government put stop on many offline businesses. But the ones that started long ago via online didn't experience such set back. Rather they increase their volume to sell faster than what they were selling when covid19 never started. Online stores are on demand cos of the massive increase of request validated by people ordering things online. If corona virus continues like this for years, i don't think their will be many offline business to exist and operate in full license.

Kennysplash

Verified member

Offline store is still preferable to online store. You are limiting your clients if you are only online, there are a lot of people that are not online but will still patronise you if you are offline. The percentage of people that are offline far surpasses the one that are online. The best way to go about this is to do the two. If you have an offline shop you should also go online. This way you boost your chances of reaching a lot of people and making more income.

Aqsa Shahid

Offline store is more good to run as you will get customers there physically and they could trust you easily as they can watch and touch your products to see the quality before buying it.
But now a days, as we are facing the pendamic of Covid-19, it is better to start a business online instead of offline. It is better to make yourself established as an online seller. Advertise your business in an appropriate way and give customers offers, then you will definitely run it in a successful way.

D

Deleted member 28873

Both an online store and an offline store has it advantages and disadvantages.I think the major advantage of an online store is you could sell your goods world wide,you also have to consider the cost of shipping also that could be a disadvantage an offline store is literally less stressful but much expensive to my perception depending on how big you want it to be.you would have to pay for a shop and buy lots of goods,an offline store require huge capital, and it could only take place within a particular region.I think the major problem of an online store is the issue of traffick getting people to come to your store and also getting them to buy from it.most people do apply for paid traffic e.g Google ads,Facebook ads e.t.c.you could open an offline store with little knowledge and lots of money but reverse is the case of an online store you gats to learn ffirst,you can't just jump in ignorantly.

Nicklas22

I will prefer on online store, online store are very good and you can chat with their customers care of you need any assistance and you don't have to waste many time
It's easier to start up an online store without capital while for an offline store you do need capital to start up, because renting a physical store where your product will be kept will be paid for.
I just think offline store are expensive than online store but both are very good.

Peppul

Well both are good to startup and also have advantages and disadvantages too. It's easier to start up an online store without capital while for an offline store you do need capital to start up, because renting a physical store where your product will be kept will be paid for. But for online you can just put most of your products in your house and start doing your marketing online. The online issue is delivering to agents because that will be on you and that alone is another stress on its own because during this process the goods might get damaged or lost and you will either refund the buyer or issue another products, but for offline store it's not like that since the buyer will be coming down to your store to pick his or her goods, and after that whatever happens next is not your concern. So both are good in their own ways, but if am to choose I will prefer doing both to earn more.