Opinion: Introverts prefer Online Business and Extroverts prefer Offline Business

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Introverts are individuals that prefer to be on their own, that is they prefer to spend their time alone indoors, most people are like this because of upbringing and other experience during their lifetime.

Extroversion on the other hand are those that are outgoing and always in a good mood, they don't like spending time alone and they're everything an introvert is not, which is, their behaviors are totally parallel.

When it comes to making money we can't do away with personality, because if we really want to succeed we need to focus on something that matches our personality to be able to have comfort and peace of mind.

If we look at most of the offline business available today they deal with communicating with people, and to make a sale some have to shout to persuade customers, some have to run over vehicles to get the attention of passengers, all of this will not suitable for an introvert, other people might see them as weaklings but that's just there nature.

Online business on the other hand deals with being alone most of the times and everything is through the internet no any physical contact whatsoever, privacy is guaranteed, an introvert will surely thrive in such situations and an extrovert will be very uncomfortable.

So I think online business is meant for introverts and offline business is meant for extroverts.

what do you think?

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I have seen cooler or introvert people that works outside, it doesn't matter if you are introvert or extrovert. I think doing any kind of work or business has to do with someone willingness to work or execute things. An extrovert might decide to work from home( on the internet) and vice versa!

moonchild

VIP Contributor
@Sherman198 it all boils down to the opportunites one can lay hands on Iagree, but if we look at it from a personality point of view, you'll understand each of them and how they correlate.

This opinion is only valid when things are being equal, here in Nigeria where I live no one seems to care about personality, everyone is out to survive so this doesn't hold water.

And also Introverts are also humans so sometimes they might feel switching roles with extroverts to experience from their own dimension, humans emotions and wants are always fluid not static.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Starting an online business or offline business is not related to your nature, it is more related to your knowledge, resources, and ideas. I am not an introverted person but I started an online business. I started an online business because I knew what I should do to build a business, I had related skills, and knowledge. Even though I am an extrovert person I did not start an offline business because I did not have resources.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
I do not think so because personally I don't know the categories of temperaments i belong , sometimes I can be an introvert and sometimes I can be an extrovert depending on situations and the environment I found myself, but inside I know I am an extrovert . .

I don't know , but I may not likely be very much comfortable if I am to partner and work in most business organisation that involve a huge number of people. I'll prefer to do most of my things alone and probably to organise it to what times that suits me .

I don't know the reason why I am this way, if I still have a trace of introversion in me. Normally I always believed that extrovert Will always wants to work offline and deal with people but it may not likely be true , it all depends on what people are interested.

Sikapa

Verified member
OK, to my opinion I think that will be true that introverts will prefer online businesses and extroverts will also like offline businesses if I follow your definition of the two. Due to their their nature, then it will be more reasonable for both to work only and offline respectively but I myself have never set my eyes on such people in their businesses.

Maybe you know exactly what you are saying here or you are using their nature to judge them accordingly which can be a big mistake too. If one judge these people with their nature, then is like judging a book by cover and if care is not taking, it can surprises you because not all the time that people react according to their nature. Sometimes, extroverts can love online business too and introverts can also love to do offline business even if he or she doesn't want to go out there to sell, he or she can own a business or a company.