Natural ways to cure cough

Empress

Verified member
1. Honey
To use honey to treat a cough, mix two teaspoons with warm water or an herbal tea. Drink this mixture once or twice a day. Do not give honey to children under age 1 year of age
2. Ginger
Brew up a soothing ginger tea by adding 20-40 grams of fresh ginger slices to a cup of hot water. Allow to steep for a few minutes before drinking. Add honey or lemon juice to improve the taste and further soothe a cough.
3. Salt water gargle
This simple remedy is one of the most effective for treating a sore throat and wet cough. Salt water reduces phlegm and mucus in the back of the throat which can lessen the need to cough
Stir half a teaspoon of salt into a cup of warm water until it dissolves. Allow the solution to cool slightly before using it to gargle. Let the mixture sit at the back of the throat for a few moments before spitting it out.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Honey has a lot of benefit in the body because it is a natural sugar that is given to us by nature. It is good form any inflammatory diseases like asthma and others. Although honey may not be good for diabetic patient but I can help to reliefs cough another infection that is caused by cold or flu. Thanks for the update.
1. Honey
To use honey to treat a cough, mix two teaspoons with warm water or an herbal tea. Drink this mixture once or twice a day. Do not give honey to children under age 1 year of age
2. Ginger
Brew up a soothing ginger tea by adding 20-40 grams of fresh ginger slices to a cup of hot water. Allow to steep for a few minutes before drinking. Add honey or lemon juice to improve the taste and further soothe a cough.
3. Salt water gargle
This simple remedy is one of the most effective for treating a sore throat and wet cough. Salt water reduces phlegm and mucus in the back of the throat which can lessen the need to cough
Stir half a teaspoon of salt into a cup of warm water until it dissolves. Allow the solution to cool slightly before using it to gargle. Let the mixture sit at the back of the throat for a few moments before spitting it out.

Barin

Honey and ginger really works for cough because I do use it to cure my cough I will chew the ginger first and then put honey in mouth and hot water and it do works for me

Jjimale

Drinking hot water is good for curing cough because it will make the body feel heat inside which will help to get rid of the cough

Kola

Verified member
You can cure cough naturally by guggling hot water salt such that you guggle the water in your throat in that way you can cure cough and your cough will stop.you can also cure cough by using Ginger that you blend the ginger an drink it also still you from coughing

Jjimale

We can cure cough by drinking hot water, honey and ginger and it is very effective

Aqruub

All this tips are the best way to cure cough if we can do any of this to cure cough it will really be very effective

Acerrim

Ginger is a very effective home remedy that is used world wide and everybody know the benefits derive from it and it is very good for cough care

Krishrish

I only know about the ginger method for curing cough because of the effectiveness that is why it is popular it really works for cough

Bashbash

In my House we normally use honey and Ginger to cure cough it is very effective to use honey and ginger for cough , it serve has antibiotics and you can also use Onion and hot water with small sugar to cure cough and it serve has cough syrup and it will bring all the mucus outside from the chest

adamcooper

honey + basil + ginger crushed together and taking the juice 3 to 4 times is very effective for cough

jhoncena

There are several natural remedies for cough, including drinking warm fluids like tea or broth, using honey to soothe the throat, inhaling steam, gargling salt water, and consuming foods with anti-inflammatory properties such as ginger and turmeric. It is important to note that if a cough persists or is severe, it is best to consult a healthcare professional.