Have You Ever Had A Job That Had Odd Timings?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Having a job might sound like a great thing because no one wants to remain unemployed and many people would like to attain a source of income. However, having a job is not something easy and when you get a job, you need to sacrifice a lots of things. I remember having a job and I was feeling as if I have dedicated my whole life to my job. I used to work in a company and I need to arrive at the office at 7:00 PM. I used to work there for seven hours. I used to come home at 2:30 AM. I used to sleep at 5:00 AM. Time passes quickly nowadays, so when I used to wake up, I used to find myself waking up at around 3:00 PM. I had little time for my life (around 3 to 4 hours) only!

So when you have a job, you always find yourself getting restricted, especially if you have a job that requires you to serve for a long period of time. Even though, I never had a job that had odd timings. However, I have a heard about many people who have such kind of jobs. For example, it requires them to come to work in the day sometimes and at night sometimes. Your schedule of work changes and this can have a really bad effect on your health. So have you ever had such kind of job?

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Hi, Good-Guy. Your post is really very interesting. I agree with you that having a job is very important because you can have an income this way. However, sometimes having a job is not easy at all because it can be very demanding and stressful. There are even jobs that have odd timings. Fortunately, I have never had such kind of job but unfortunately, there are a lot of people who have such kind of jobs and of course, these jobs with odd timings can cause them health problems. Thus, in conclusion, we must select jobs that are not that stressful but easy to do.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I think you are quite fortunate to not have such kind of job, so what has been your main source of income if you never had a job? There are many people who have such kind of tough jobs and some people even have jobs where the workers risk their lives. I really wonder why would anyone choose to opt for such kind of profession. I think most of such people are quite needy. Anyway, I think that people choose these careers for a short period of time and they then switch to other jobs when they find themselves in a much financially strong position.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
I think you are quite fortunate to not have such kind of job, so what has been your main source of income if you never had a job? There are many people who have such kind of tough jobs and some people even have jobs where the workers risk their lives. I really wonder why would anyone choose to opt for such kind of profession. I think most of such people are quite needy. Anyway, I think that people choose these careers for a short period of time and they then switch to other jobs when they find themselves in a much financially strong position.
Hi Good-Guy. I fully agree with every single word in your post. Well, I have been quite fortunate not to have such kind of job. My family has always been by my side otherwise things would not be that easy for me. Unfortunately, there are difficult jobs indeed and workers suffer a lot. Hope that everyone will have an easy job which he or she will be enjoying doing.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I once had a job that required me to work on odd schedule. I had to work between 2 pm to 10 PM. I would return home at 11 in the evening. If the job was not paying high. I would not have continued with that job. However, I was positioned in that odd hour only for six months. Then I was asked to wok from 6 am to 2 pm. Waking up early in the morning and riding in a bike for 1 hour to reach the office was also very tiring. I worked for one year and finally gave up the job.

D

Deleted member 28127

First, about time all this work from 9 to 5 at the office for web development or anything requires sometimes additional work time means in some days you quit office after 4 extra hours of work like at 9 o'clock and sometimes you stay hole the night there with 4 hours sleep and you work next day then you find yourself as enclave then we have to concern sometimes to ourselves.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I never had a job where I had to work at odd hours. However, when I had a job I used to work odd hours especially when I was trying to do overtime, or had a deadline to meet. Since completing the task on time was my duty I was not paid for working at odd time when I was trying to complete the task, but when I worked at odd hours as overtime work, I was paid extra. That's why I frequently work over time, mainly in odd hours. Sometimes I worked all through the night just because I would be receiving additional payment.

Caramelle

I used to work on a job that required overtime work all the time. Thus, while it was supposed to be a 9 to 6 PM job, I often found myself heading for home at 10 PM plus, Monday to Friday. And oh, I wasn't paid overtime at all due to my position. My subordinates were paid overtime but most can't cope with the overtime hours. Thus, our department has the highest attrition rate company-wide. Times are changing, indeed. When I was new to the profession, I welcomed overtime work as a way to augment my earnings. Nowadays, many young and educated people prefer companies that emphasize work-life balance. It didn't help that our company was paying slightly above the minimum wage.

I also gave up on the job several years later because it wasn't easy training new employees every four months while ensuring that deadlines are being met and that there are enough funds for the operations. For all the days when a position was left unfilled, I had to do some of the jobs and assign the rest to other employees in the department. That often meant going home at 1:00 AM and reporting for work on the following day at 9:00 AM. Worse, there was no consideration for the fact that you rendered overtime work with no pay the previous day.​

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I never worked in such uncomfortable way before, because surely I'll resign after two days. I am not in for such kind of job that will drain my time and good time in life and remaining just 4 hours for me to just sleep, and not even have better sleep. Even if I am receiving $2,000 a month for the job, I wouldn't compromise my healthy life for that. Because, it will impact negatively in my well-being, and I wouldn't love anything that will distort my health for any amount of money. I will still get a better offer with better schedule than the one that will suck out life out of me.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Though I had not have such a job that is very demanding in terms if time. There are some time that a job will be demanding for ones time like that. I have a friend that will wake up early in the morning around 7,am and comeback home around 8:39pm in the evening.
In fact there are some times that before one children wake up one is already gone to work and still come back when the children had already sleeping.
Work is demanding time when you don't have time to do other things again. Though due to the sufferness people is going through that's what causes people to be taking up such a job.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
I value my time so much and would never accept a job offer that involves me working at odd hours of the day. Most of such websites are not worth it at all, and I would rather post of forums. The only exception is if it's an international frum with time difference with my country.