Would You Ever Prefer A Low-Paying Job With Less Stress?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Having a good job is a good thing. There are many people who would prefer high-paying jobs over the low-paying jobs. High-paying jobs are not only viewed positive just because of the salary it offers, but many people often believe that high-paying job also means that a person probably holds a very high position in the organization. Whenever, a person gets a high-paying job, many people around him start respecting him even more. However, there is a belief that when you hold a higher position, you tend to handle higher and bigger responsibilities in your workplace.

Many people who have high salaries often get stressed because any kind of company does not offer a high salary for nothing. They usually overburden the person with so much work that such kind of employee often feels exhausted and gets tired. I have seen that there are many people in my neighborhood who have good jobs, but they do not even have time for their families and even for themselves. This means that they are dedicating their life to work. Not all the people are like that. There are some people who would prefer to have a low-paying job that do not stress out the person. What about you?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I had experienced to be in a very high position that was so stressful that I landed in the hospital. It was intestinal flu that got me but the doctor was confused because he couldn't find the bacteria or the virus in the stool exam. The doctor was convinced that my sickness is psychosomatic. Upon my release I was given a relaxant to ease my mind on issues that were bothering me. In my next job, I was offered a technical consultant position with only 2 work days every week. Understandably the salary is much smaller but there was not much stress to speak of. In fact, I enjoyed the job because I got to meet people and I gained many friends. That was my last formal employment before I retired. Sometimes you have to see the value of your health and not just the salary.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
I don't prefer to work a low paying job with less stress because that's a way to mediocrity, because with a low paying job there isn't much that you can do, your finances will be limited, I'd prefer to build systems that makes me money even when I sleep but this is no joke too, because you'll probably work your ass off to be able to have a chance, but the most beautiful thing about this is you omy need to work once and get it going, especially a tech business, the moment it takes off all you have to do is to be maintaining it.

I think this is a better way to live knowing surely that when your business jet off you'll be made for life is better than any low or high stress job, my problem with a lot of people is they're too afraid to try something and stick with till they succeed or have a feedback.

In a recent book I read, the writer coined a terminology and he called it 'Till Echo' what this means in a nutshell is whatever you are doing don't ever stop till you here echo which can substitute for feedback from your users or customers. But most people nowadays prefer to be employee and be given salaries than to work their ass off and take control.

It all depends on what you call stress, having a low paying job with little stress is ideal for those who have a moderate to low budget. Having low pay on the other hand means you have to reduce your spendings and live moderately. That would influence your planning and make you postpone projects you've planed to finish on a specific date/time. I don't like stress at all so for me I'd rather opt in for a moderate job which I'm sure would cover all my budget. Health is life they say so I don't wanna mess up with my health for some bunch of money.