Why I would never take a banking job.

Etini

Valued Contributor
Banking is a nice job and profession. Bankers have prestige and are respected in society. As good as a banking job is, I won't take it up even if I am offered a banking job on a platter of gold.

The number one factor that would make me to turn down a banking job is that bankers don't have time for themselves. Their jobs are very time-consuming. They have to report to work early and close late. My friend that is a banker doesn't even have time to cook his own food.

The second factor about banking job that I detest is the frequent occurence of shortages while trying to balance your account. And most times, the employee have to pay for the shortages. It could be very disheartening to give in your best and all of a sudden, shortage occurs.

For this two reasons, I can never take a bankng job.

I agree with you that banking job is time consuming, personally i won't take it up if offered to me too but then I like the job, I mean looking at how they dressed,how busy they are makes me smile when ever I happen to go the bank,the bank hall itself is a beautiful sight also. Funny right. Lol

Actually I know someone who is a banker,this person doesn't have time for himself,he do eat in restaurants most times,why because he doesn't have time to cook,during the weekends he always try to make his laundry and order personal necessity. I do wonder how well he copes actually, because it is so time demanding.

A family friend who is also a manager doesn't have much time like that,she has to get a house help. She's married with children,so been a manager and takes care of her home and kids is a great challenge to her. Many people are actually applying for this type of job and are happy with what they do, but personally I just can't.

I understand perfectly what are saying . It is for people to make decision if they are interested to take a banking jobs or not base on what you have written . At the same time personally I wouldn't really want to take this as a factors that could hinders me from taking a banking job if I have opportunity to do so.

Personally I believe it all depends on how you work and your level of discipline. In a situation of having a shortage , it could be as a result of the fact that you have made a mistake during your accounting process that could have leads to the shortage you are talking about.

It could have been much more convincing if you were talking from your own personal experience , but in all the same you have passed a very powerful information for people to know what a banking jobs is likely all about .

I don't know how true this is, but i heard most bankers are not paid well as well. Personally for me i will never take up a banking offer. I was given one some time back and i rejected it. My main reason was the fact that it had to do with calculations. When it comes to calculations, it is one of my weak points. And i know the risk that comes with this kind of job, so am not up for that. Then another factor is the Working hours, i know someone in my church who works as a banker back then, even on sundays the bank usually calls her to the office, i dont think i can cope with that.