Have you ever been scammed online?

Immilash

There are many scammers and scammering sites online I believe you might have came across one, I have came across a site named hg micro the site claims it's pays you for watching promotional videos, i wasted much of my time there without knowing the site was a scam, it feels very bad but I'm even lucky I just wasted my time because their are lots of people that invested on the site.
How do you know if a site is legit most scammering sites puts a high withdrawal thresholds like $500 that's what I've noticed with scamming sites but if you see sites like this is just an indication of a scam sites. And I will also advise you to make proper research before joining or investing on any sites, try not to fall on the traps of those scammers. That's the first scaming sites I have came across since then I make good research before I join sites online , and most importantly those scaming sites targets newbie's if you are newbie to earning money online you are not expected to invest on new site without making research. This all I can say I believe many of us here might have been scammed in one way or the other, share your experiences.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I have never been scammed online before and I really thank god I've been able to pass through all the challenges a lot of people are facing in terms of scamming activities that is going on in the Online system ,there was a time in which I was almost as a point of getting scam but I really thank God I was able to detect it early and I was not a victim, most times we are always scam as a result of greediness and that is what we really needs to overcome, the only rules I have been following now is that when things are too good to be true we have to reconsider.

Jamoflondon

Verified member
I have been scammed online and to be honest, it was not even once, the first time it happened, It was on telegram, I met with a guy that offered to sell an item worth up thirty thousand naira tor me at the price of five thousand naira, so I thought it was a golden opportunity for me and I went ahead to pay him because I was so excited, the next thing I noticed was that he blocked me immediately after he received the money, and the most painful part of it all is the fact that it was the all the money had on me at that moment and I even had to borrow some money from my friend to add to it

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
It will be difficult to find someone that works online in this current dispensation that will not have fallen for some cheap scams, the more we live the more we learn, and we learn more from our mistakes. Our mistakes forms part of our experiences. The shocking truth is i have been scammed a couple of times because I build faith on people I was not suppose to believe in. I remember the era of the MMM, I was deceived by a co-worker to invest in it, I was not sure of how it was done then she did it for me and eventually the whole money got lost in the system.

Bajibb

Yeah, i was scammed five month ago by one affliate site called naver. it is the first time that kind of thing will happen to me...let just be very careful of all those site by doing good research.

greenieS

Verified member
I was fooled at the beginning of the hyip sites when I invested a certain amount of money (not big) and the next day the site closed and no one knew anything about it. That was the first and last time I scammed from the internet. :)

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I have been scammed online multiple times. I don't think anyone who has been working for a while online would be scammed. If you are a new online worker, you might not have been scammed, but if you have worked for at lest a year or two, in one way or other you would be scammed. I was scammed by a couple of clients. They promised to pay me after marketing their products, however, after marketing was done, I sent an invoice but they never showed up. Did I learn the lesson? Well, no. I was scammed again but this time there was a new client.

zenideni

I got scammed by cloud mining sites.It cost me about 600 bucks.I'm not sorry for the money, but it was closed 1 day after depositing money into the system.The system, which has been working for 1 month, was closed when I deposited money.This situation made me very sad.Cloud mining sites are qualified scams.It gives money to those who deposit money later on to those who join first. That's why it's very important to be the first to board the train.But since this is more like gambling than risk, I advise everyone to stay away. I learned my lesson from that day.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I was once scammed though, truth be told, I think I happened to fall victim because i was to focus on the profits I wanted to make from it, and the scammer actually used that against which made me so naive, but what I learned from it is the fact that one needs to always think outside the box if you want to make any business online and if you have no other choice than to do it, then you must be very careful and you should make sure have the person referred from someone you can actually trust to avoid such thing to happen to you

uforwealth

Verified member
I have been scammed by more than one site. I can remember one of those HYIP websites that defrauded me in 2012 when I was in a dire need of money because I wanted to pay my school acceptance fee.

I invested my hard-earned money in the program, in the hope that I would receive 200% of my capital as a profit within a short period of time. To my surprise, I neither received the capital nor the profit. That is how I was scammed.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Yes of course; I have been scammed before . I could remember that there was a time that some body introduced to me one hype site and I was very happy when I see the offer that its very promising and good.
Then after which I applied and they give me back almost double if my investment. So I now reinvest the whole money after which they did not allowed me to be able to logging again.
I was very sad because I lost all my money there.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I have been scammed in the past. And this was when I was desperate to make huge sum of money with a short period of time.

At that time I was desperate to put an end to poverty in my life that time and I want you to be done quickly.

While I was reading a newspaper, I saw an advert which caught my attention. The advert promises to make someone A millionaire in the next 90 days with just a little amount of down payment.

This fit exactly according to my plan and aspiration. I quickly jump into the offer only to discover that it was a scam after 90 days.

Rachael

Verified member
I have been scammed online so many times and my greatest weakness is that, I continue investing in other similar sites in the hopes of recovering my failed funds which is still not profitable. There are so many fraudulent activities online and they use different strategies to confuse users, most especially when their old strategies are known. Most HYIP sites are illegal and the use of HYIP monitors does not give 100% certainty. The number of times I have invested in HYIPS would be enough for me to buy a large piece of land in the rural area. I made a conscious determination not to engage in them no matter the favorable terms and conditions. Also, Ponzi schemes has dealt with my investment in so many ways, when once you are paired to pay someone, it is either you are blocked from the group or the group automatically crashes. Most recently was my involvement in cryptocurrency trading, where I gave my money to a third-party to trade on my behalf with an agreement that we will share the profits. It has been over a year and neither have I seen my capital of $200 nor the profits. I realized that I should learn the skills and technicalities in trading than rely on third-parties.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Many internet and website guru today where once victim to internet scamming , although I am not a online money making internet expert yet , I have become victim to internet scammers on several occasions . Early in the year 2020 during Covid 19 lockdown a friend of mine introduced me to a paid to watch website , I probably may not remembered the name , but the website promises its members and uses free cash and cryptocurrencies for simply watching short movie and video clips with just eight tuition fee of 2,000 naira . Trust me this website was a complete scam , even my friend who introduced me to the website did not even withdraw at all . After several attempts to retake my initial capital I became fully aware that I have been scammed .

And up to this day , men who like online money making are still falling victims tu online scamming especially newbies . But in order to avoid being a victim to this fraudulent and wicked scheme web scammers it is advised that you have the requisite knowledge and ability about how to differentiate a pain website and a fake one , and in doing so we will need the help of a scam detector . One scam detector app I download on PlayStore which has been effective is sureplug.com . There are others scamsites detector like scamadviser .com and web check-in .com etc.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I have been scammed a lot of times, unfortunately. In fact, there was a time when I was losing more money than I was making due to the fact that I was being scammed by so many websites. I mostly lost money because I invested in many HYIP sites. HYIP sites were the main culprit. I am still considering investing in HYIP sites, but I think I will now only invest money in reputable and stable programs only. However, I am still not sure because HYIPs are quite risky. Other than HYIP sites, I have never been scammed by any other site. I remember investing a few cents into a Paid To Click site and they also become a scam.

However, the amount I lost was so small that I never actually felt it. I lost around 30 dollars in total at that time to HYIP sites in the past. I know that 30 dollars might not sound really like a huge amount to many people but at that time I had no money at all and I had to rely on one website that used to pay me for writing articles. I am not sure why such HYIP sites still exist. We need stable programs that are regulated by the government so that no one could get scammed by such kind of pyramid schemes.

E

eldavis

When I first tired making money online after my failed attempt to earn through affiliate marketing, the first platform I joined was a scam site. They promised to pay for simple task like reading news and sharing on social media, I worked for months and in the i was made just once, all my other efforts where in vain. The worse part was that I registered to join the platform.

funmi

Verified member
I have been scammed before before it happened when I invested in a popular ponzi scheme then that was the talk of the town I believe some of us here would have heard about it before because it was very popular then all everyone was investing in it then. So I also got the hint from a colleague of mine at work and he told me how stable the system was and that it was paying so well that I should check through all his successful transactions with the platform so I was convinced and I invested the first time and I got paid and the next one I decided to increase my investment as a wise business person who always wants more profits, as soon as I invested it was not yet time for the money to come to full maturity I was told that the system had crashed and it had stopped paying. I was devasted then because I knew I had been scammed. Something similar had with a company promising to give some amount on investment but after I invested the very first time I couldn't get anything in return, ever since then I have stopped investing in such.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
I have been scammed online in the past and I can share from my experience that was only make so many people to get camp is when they are too greedy and want to reap from where they did not show.

So, you know that to avoid falling for scam just make sure that you are very vigilant because this Yahoo voice and other scammers are never having conscious at all they will scam you and still sleep in peace as if they did not do something bad so you just have to be very careful these days as we have most of them available especially now that they are no jobs and they're looking for how to survive and live a flashy lifestyle like the celebrities that they're saying on social media.

The fact still remain that it will be very difficult to completely eliminate these scammers because they are always giving the excuse of unavailability of jobs as what pushes them into go into this business or how do I be referred to it but the fact still mean that if all of us decided to go in to scare me because there are no jobs then the society is already in chaos.