Have you ever been scammed online?

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
This is one of the reason a lot of people around the world find it difficult to believe in online money making, because they all think that online money making is a scam. Well most of online earning site are scam some are legit.
Have you fallen in a scam site before?

For me yes, I have fallen in so many scam sites especially online surveys site.This is how it happens, after I completed my registration in the site, they gave me few surveys to answer, completing the task i was asked to,when trying to withdraw my funds,i was asked to deposit an amount of money which i can't recall now because it's been a while.Thinking it will pay,i deposited the money,i waited for my payment more than a week, it's still pending,at last the site shows error 404,i couldn't access the site again and that's how it goes.

There's also another site that's called earn through commission,you earn by completing their simple task.I was paid at first,i was happy so when trying to withdraw again,i was asked to upgrade to VIP so that I'll earn more daily, which i did.But now there no where to be found.

Guys share your own experience.

funmi

Verified member
The answer to this question is a very big YES, it was during the era of ponzi schemes in my country and I was introduced to it by a colleagues of mine at my place of work so he told me to come and join the platform and that is what everyone was doing to alleviate the hardship in the country, so I had to ask him for some proof and he showed me his account and successful he has been with his dealings so I also opted in and for the first time I.was paid and I received the alert into my bank account so I knew the platform was real and I continued with them and I increased my investment despite the warnings I got from so many fronts but I remained resolute as I believed that the system is so healthy and will not disappoint me. So it was after I had increase the amount I invested initially, I got news that the system.had crashed and our monies are gone into the thin air. I was really pained that season and that some colleague of mine also lost his money too in the system. And since then I am always avoiding ponzi schemes.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
In about two days ago, I fell for a very useless camera on WhatsApp who claim I will be able to multiply the money I invested with him only for me to realise that I have been blocked after transferring the money to the guy .

It is a very painful experience actually and I now realise what it actually means to get scammed of your money on the internet.

I really wonder how these scammers sleep at night because it is obvious that they do not have a good conscience and the fear of God in their heart anymore and this is what gives them this kind of chorus to engage in things like this without ever feeling a sense of remorse and trying to change their way of doing things at all.

What is obvious from my experience is that if you are not a greedy person who is trained to reap where you did not so it will be very difficult for anybody to ever scam you on this internet and I do not trust know how to explain what's really happened but it is just too painful for me and I pray I forget about it very soon and recover much more than I have ever been.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Throughout my online earning career, I have been scammed by a survey site once. However, it happened several years ago. I was around 15 years old at that time and I was extremely new to the world of online earnings. I thought that the website was legit, so I registered on that site. After registration, I completed a few surveys and "earned" a few dollars. I later realized that all those dollars were nothing but mere numbers and I never received anything at all. I later discovered that the website was a popular scam. I have been scammed by many HYIP sites, too.

I invested funds into a HYIP site and it became a scam after some time. I made the mistake of trusting other HYIP sites as well and got scammed once again. I never knew how HYIP sites worked. I later realized that they were all pyramid schemes. The online world is a kind of world where many legit and scam sites exist and there is very little we can do in order to stop such kind of scam sites. The only thing we can do is research well before we invest our money or time on such kind of sites.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
The answer is yes I have been scammed online on several occasions and I strongly believe that getting scammed online is part of the experience of making money online . internet scammers are fully aware that a lot of individuals are using the internet to earn a living and so they use this medium to create various scam websites with the sole aim and objective to rob various individuals off their money , time , energy , and phone resources . That is why it is advisable to be alert and cautious when working on a particular website .

Let me share my experience with you guys , when I was about writing my final year exams but in the year 2018 a friend of mine introduced me to a website on the internet the website which he introduced to me has the policy that whoever invested the minimum amount of 2000 naira will get it doubled in the next couple of days . As I'm an inexperienced online money maker I thought this opportunity was a great one and so I invested all my savings . To cut the long story short I wasn't paid not even a penny and trust me the experience was really devastating and disappointing .

Sikapa

Verified member
Hmm! I remember how I was scammed twice on different websites. I was able to make $65 on a website without knowing is just a number rather than been real money. The minimum cash out of this site was $50 and I made $65 and when I was about to cash out, I realized it was all scam.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I am always weary of earning sites that their minimum cash out is above $5 but maybe I just wanted to give this site benefits of doubt.

I have only been scammed online by a site called answeree which I regretted not listening to my instinct I saw the high payout minimum cash out.The minimum payout was $30 so I decided to try out

This was a PTP site so you can imagine the hardwork of getting to $30 at the time. Only for me to get there and I requested for payment and I wasn't paid. The close the sites afterwards and didn't pay anyone.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Unfortunately, I have been scammed many times so far. Now, I am more careful when I come across a new earning site. I do a very good search, I read some comments about it or I even ask the members of Trendri to share their knowledge and information with me. In this way, I can be safe.