Have you ever been scammed your hard earned money?

This sound funny. But we've lost money in one way or the other due to carelessness or maybe you happen to forget where you kept it.
I've lost various sum of money and the recent being this week. Just yesterday, I got scammed. I ordered for a product online (won't mention the platform) and was told it'll get to me yesterday being 17th of February. I was relaxed and didn't bother calling until about 3pm. I called the agent who claimed he got into an accident and lost my orders in the process. Out of curiosity I began investing the case and sent an email to the company. The company customer care later got back to me and informed me that he ran away with my orders and company's money. But I was also assured another package of my orders which would be delivered soon. Share your experience with us

Rachael

Verified member
I have been scammed so many times, most especially with the emergence of Ponzi schemes and HYIP sites. The most recent one was is 2020, prior to the time of the covid-19 pandemic, the Forsage TRX which was making wave in the trading ecosystem, actually, I was still a fresh novice and I knew little or nothing about investing in any cryptocurrencies. I was introduced by a dubious colleague and since we worked in the same company although it was for a short duration of time because we were on a national assignment, I had trusted that my funds were in good hands. I was tricked and deceived into investing and one thing that made me staunch to invest was because he had promised that; the investment capital could be withdrawn if you do not want to invest anymore, referrals is not mandatory because you can earn from spillovers and also that I will earn from spillovers but immediately I invested, I noticed that even his body language changed. It dawned on me that I had been professionally scammed and from time to time, interest was not forth coming neither could I have access to the $200 which I had already deposited.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I have been scammed so many times, most especially with the emergence of Ponzi schemes and HYIP sites. The most recent one was is 2020, prior to the time of the covid-19 pandemic, the Forsage TRX which was making wave in the trading ecosystem, actually, I was still a fresh novice and I knew little or nothing about investing in any cryptocurrencies. I was introduced by a dubious colleague and since we worked in the same company although it was for a short duration of time because we were on a national assignment, I had trusted that my funds were in good hands. I was tricked and deceived into investing and one thing that made me staunch to invest was because he had promised that; the investment capital could be withdrawn if you do not want to invest anymore, referrals is not mandatory because you can earn from spillovers and also that I will earn from spillovers but immediately I invested, I noticed that even his body language changed. It dawned on me that I had been professionally scammed and from time to time, interest was not forth coming neither could I have access to the $200 which I had already deposited.

I was also scammed in the year 2020 by HYIPs. At that time, I never knew what HYIPs were. I initially just thought that HYIPs were actual investment companies and they actually invest money into some sort of trading platforms and make money. I remember finding a HYIP that looked like a real company. They had videos uploaded on youtube where they showed their office and company employees. I thought that it was a legit company. I never invested my money with them at all. But later I discovered that the company became a scam. I started thinking that just because a company scammed people, then it does not mean that other HYIPs are also scammed.

So I started investing in a few HYIP sites one by one and I was scammed by all of them. I later realized that HYIPs never actually invest funds into any trading platform or projects at all. They are all pyramid schemes and they could collapse at any time. Even though it is still possible to make money with HYIPs today, I think that the only people who get benefited from such schemes are those people who invest money into such programs and withdraw principal amount with capital. Investing in HYIPs is very risky and I would not recommend anyone to participate in such schemes.

E

eldavis

I remember back then when I first joined the online space, looking for ways to make money I found a site that claimed to be around for more than 10 years, what they do is you invest and they would use your money for forex trading and in 15 days times they would give you back you startup capital with a particular interest. That was how they scammed me of 15,000 naira.

Stena

This sound funny. But we've lost money in one way or the other due to carelessness or maybe you happen to forget where you kept it.
I've lost various sum of money and the recent being this week. Just yesterday, I got scammed. I ordered for a product online (won't mention the platform) and was told it'll get to me yesterday being 17th of February. I was relaxed and didn't bother calling until about 3pm. I called the agent who claimed he got into an accident and lost my orders in the process. Out of curiosity I began investing the case and sent an email to the company. The company customer care later got back to me and informed me that he ran away with my orders and company's money. But I was also assured another package of my orders which would be delivered soon. Share your experience with us
I too have lost money online, especially to high yield investment programs. Out of willingness to make more money online, I fell into the scam trap of this site few years ago. It was a ponzi scheme that promised to pay almost double of one's investment in few days.
My first attempt was quite successful, I got almost double of the amount I invested in few days and concluded that the scheme was genuine. I decided to reinvest, and that was when it all went sour.
Soon afterwards, I heard that the site was a scam site and they had done away with their investors' money.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Hi. Nice to meet you. Your thread is very informative. Unfortunately, a lot of people get scammed every day. This is very disappointing and unfair at the same time. I am sorry to hear that you got scammed. Well, as far as I am concerned, I have never been scammed before. I try to be careful but it is true that you can easily fall victim nowadays. I think that we must be very careful so as to avoid the traps.

D

Deleted member 13140

Well I won't say i was entirely but my brother and sis was, and the thing is I was the one that introduced it to them.. haha I got all my money back and even more, so here is how it worked.

It was an app called solar city and they claimed to be from Tesla and all that crap, we all knew it was a heavy scam but the thing is we knew they wouldn't fold suddenly or atleast I knew so I invested earlier and got my first pay and told my siblings and they refused I think half way to getting second they decided decided do also but they couldn't even get their second pay and was scammed of their money, it was annoying now that I think of it. I really feel sorry for think especially for my sister

btaliat

VIP Contributor
If you have not been scammed online, it means you have never eager to make money online. No matter how careful you are, you must have fallen for any of the tricks used by those swindlers.

My own experience happened as far as back as 6 years ago when I was introduced to a high yield investment program called MMM. I so much believed the doctrine on which this scheme was based even up till now. I still didn't believe they scammed me, I just saw myself as a victim of circumstance.

The money lost in MMM was much that I was joining different schemes to recoup my money. I could remember I joined another Ponzi scheme, as it was famously called, known as Get Help. But I couldn't get help on Get Help rather I helped the owners with hard earned money.

It took me some times to realize that I have been hoodwinked. I then realized that I need to take caution while looking for money as they always target gullible and newbies.

We should always take background check on any website that we want to invest in. We should query his the ROI is to be gotten instead of being eager to get the money and we care less on the money is sourced.

Wiserr

Yes I have been scammed online for several times for more than enough money in my country here in Nigeria, the only plain truth is that there are scammers all over if you are not too careful you will lose all you have, seriously it feels very bad to be scammed, this remainds me of the first time I was scammed I couldn't be able to eat because of how I feel both I thank God for how he helped me all through those days, seriously at this moment I don't see anything that will make me to fall for a Scam site or people, here in my country Nigeria there are lots of scammers everywhere, it even reach to a extent that they make it to become a business they try there possible best just to see they scam you but if you are very wise you can never fall for any scam be it online or offline, when we talk about scam we don't only mean it online you can be scam even offline it all depends on how you are, please try your best not to get scammed because I don't want you to feel same way I do.

Skysaint

Verified member
Well, my journey as a newbie trying to earn money have been both good and bad but the truth of the matter is that I haven't really lost money since in started earning money online. I have been a kind of careful while dealing with all these investment sites and as a matter of fact, I haven't made any investment on any site except for cryptocurrency and I don't think I would unless I see a reason to.
But not talking about investment sites, I would say that I have lost a lot of money through other indirect means. I remembered downloading a gaming app from play store that promised to earn me cryptocurrency so long as I continue playing. The games where just so uninteresting and the earning rate was worse. Then I had no alternative so I had to keep pushing, trying to earn, it was later that I discovered that they only pay through PayPal which is not available in my country.
It was not like I have reached the minimum payout threshold though but I have spent months playing this very game and now I have no hope to withdraw my money and I guess this was the way I did lose my money working online.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
Hmm, I have been scammed in so many ways in different sites. Do you know this I experienced this, I thought that online money making isn't paying like some people say, it wasn't my fault though, depending on what i saw.

There's is this particular site called TATA VIP, you make money from this site by completing they are little task and watching small videos, I completed the task and my money was due for withdrawal. When placing a withdrawal I received my payment within some days,i was like,wow this site is the best not knowing that they're trying to lure me.

After some days working in the site i was asked to deposit or invest big money so as to upgrade to premium VIP,in this way that I'll be earning huge amount of money,i did,i continue working on their task as usual.

My money was due,when placing a withdrawal it shows minimum withdrawal exceeded,i was shocked,i tried and tried but to no avail.After few days the site crashed,it was unaccessible and that's how they went away with my hard earned money.

Well,i took that as part of online earning because you have to face the wrong so as to locate the right.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
But in an offline and an online business I have been scammed . and trust me the experience was a disappointing and devastating one . Let me share my experience with you . Back in the year 2018 when I was about to write my final year exams ( WAEC) a friend of mine introduced me to a website which I probably may not remember the name . He said the website is all about investments and he is going to invest the sum of 5000 naira which within a couple of days will be doubled to 10,000 naira . I'm hearing about , I thought it was a good business investment idea and so I invested all my savings .

To cut the long story short I was scammed off my hard earned money , and although I tried to get my money refunded back , but all my efforts were to no avail , I just have to accept the reality that my money has been scammed and what is left for me is to look forward to better days . Presently I no longer for victim to scam website because I have been using a very good scam detector to which is known as sureplug .com this scam detector is a website and also an app which you can download on Google play store and on the Google app store .

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
I used to think I used to think that nobody can ever scare me of my hard earned money but what really happened to me yesterday was so shocking.

I happen to fall for an investment scam where I was promised to get at least 400% of what I really invested and I did not know how I felt for them because they appeared too legit to be a scam.

In total, I lost up to $20 from this investment which is really painful for me because I really needed the money for so many things I had been having in mind to do and now I am struggling to recover from this money that I have lost.

This really taught me a lot of things and I have made up my mind that by the grace of God I will never fall for any scam in this life again because what happened was a pure result of me being greedy and wanting to multiply my own money.

It is a very painful experience so far and I just believe God that I will recover and bounce back much more than I have ever been.
Scammers are always ready to take away our money from us if we are greedy.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I used to believe that i can never worked on a scam site I was always careful not to waste my time on sites that will not pay me but I was wrong as I got scammed by answeree a PTP Site some years back.

Though I noticed the high minimum payout which is always a red flag go me. I don't like to work on earning sites that are paying high and with high minimum cash out but I said let me give this one a try which I did getting to pay out I was not paid and they shut down afterwards.