Ever been scammed easily? Share your worst experience.

Kennysplash

Verified member
Certainly, everyone has been scammed at some point in their lives. If you claim that you have never been scammed then you have not right to do something worthwhile. I have been scammed quite a few times but the worst one was a site that claimed to give me 200% of my investment in 24 hours. The fact that I could not see right through that shows how naive I was, and it was about 4 years ago. I sourced for money and sent it, and I was waiting for my double money the next day. I was even drafting out things I would buy, i completely trusted them. It dawned on me that day that I have been scammed. I went online to check their reviews only to see people warning against them. I was horrified, it was so cheap a way for me to be scammed. Since then I learnt my lesson to always find out about anything before I drive into it. Please feel free to share your experience with us too.

D

Deleted member 27583

Hmmm
Certainly, everyone has been scammed at some point in their lives. If you claim that you have never been scammed then you have not right to do something worthwhile. I have been scammed quite a few times but the worst one was a site that claimed to give me 200% of my investment in 24 hours. The fact that I could not see right through that shows how naive I was, and it was about 4 years ago. I sourced for money and sent it, and I was waiting for my double money the next day. I was even drafting out things I would buy, i completely trusted them. It dawned on me that day that I have been scammed. I went online to check their reviews only to see people warning against them. I was horrified, it was so cheap a way for me to be scammed. Since then I learnt my lesson to always find out about anything before I drive into it. Please feel free to share your experience with us too.
Hmm,my guy same here I was scammed 5 years ago by a white lady I let online ...we love and share feelings for each other but never video call or hear each other voice not knowing is a man am chatting with...to cut the story short she invited me to come visiting her in USA which am very happy to hear that..so she promise to send me money to come over and she ask for my account t details..through out the night I can't sleep so by midnight I received a mail saying they sent me some am out of money like that but for me to get the money here in Nigeria I need to pay some so so amount before I could get the funds I rally round the next money to get the money and I rush to bank to pay it after payment I message to let her know have played the money after then she block me ... Since then I find it hard to belief anything I saw online ....thanks

D

Deleted member 28873

A friend of mine was scammed by an unknown guy who has been going round using link to hack people facebook account scamming the person and most of his friends.After getting access to my friend facebook account he started posting false schemes about how he made huge lot of money by investing,he almost got me through this process.

IamDozzy

Remembering this actually hurts but I would still spill it out as a form of therapy. I never knew on of my friend's Instagram account was hacked, the hacked account contacted me on Instagram for a business venture in which I was to invest NGN 20,000 to get NGN 40,000 as my profit. I sent the money to the account number sent to me and waited for the required amount of time to get my profit. After 1 week, the scammer kept telling me stories and was actually insisting I invest more. When I found out it was a scam, the scammer had already deactivated the Instagram account. I have reported the account number of the scammer to the EFCC and the CBN for investigations. I hope the scammer would be caught before he scam others too.

marcusfe

This is an experience I don't want to remember again because it was a painful moment to me. Few years ago I I was left with about #5000 which is about $10 plus and wanted to invest this money so I began to look for any available opportunity. I started searching online and came across a particular site which promised to give daily increase on my investment so I put my money in it. After some days I tried to access the site but the site was no where to be found.

Teatea

My experience was very hurtful but I'm still happy that I did not invest the amount I had in mind initially. It was an investment platform that promised 50% of your capital in three days. I saw the obvious signs but I chose to ignore them since the platform was still quite new, so I thought they will still want to gain people's trust. I invested on the fourth day from launch and I decided to check my dashboard the second day only to get an error, I kept trying for two days before I finally accepted I've been scammed.

Segat

Certainly yes I have been scammed before and I can boldly say that it is a painful experience which can make one not to trust or have any dealings with anybody anymore. But I know its part of the experience that makes a man. Even though the money involved was not much but it was like my all in all then so that makes the experience a painful one.

eojo2401

I can't forget my recent experience in Mybonus Shopping smart order gambling. Initially I thought it was a task and earn business not until 22nd January year 2021 when all the members of that platforms get scammed. The painful part is that, I referred many people and they were all scammed without getting anything thing out from that scamming site. Since that time, I have made up my mind to stop gambling.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am fortunate to have learned about scamming early in life. I was in college when my aunt came to convince my mother to invest in a fish pond. You will rent a fish pond, buy fish fingerlings, buy feeds and pay the worker. After 3 months your capital will be doubled. I said, "gee, that is too good to be true." My mother did not invest but my aunt lost money on that scam.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
I have been scammed a couple of times mostly on ponzi schemes it was terrible with the even that played with mmm and twinkers and a host of others, those things were new in Nigeria and many of us fell victims. The experience was very bitter we lost a lost of money to those scams then, we once thought they were trying to alleviate poverty.