Fighting the budding insomnia

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In the past week I have noticed that I would wake up after sleeping for an hour or so. No matter what I do to continue my sleep I would be awake for at least 2 hours. Last night I tried to control my sleep by being awake until midnight. I was able to sleep at once. However, I woke up at 2 am and I had difficulty in sleeping again. It is scary to think that I have insomnia because I am trying to gain weight and lack of sleep may get in the way of my program.

One advice from a friend is to stay awake all day. But I do not sleep during the daytime and I don't even take a nap. That is why come 9 pm (that is my usual bedtime hour) my eyelids are already drooping. My actual problem is why do I wake up after 2 hours of sleeping. Do I need sleeping pills or do I need to exercise at night to give my body fatigue? Whenever night time would come I am always thinking of my sleep pattern. My suspicion is that I am still grieving for the loss of my wife and my mind gets dynamic when I would wake up from sleep.

Hania iman

Insomnia is very dangerous disease. The main cause of insomnia is stress and anxiety. Person who has insomnia must consult to a doctor and drink warm milk before sleeping.

Ganibade

Verified member
Insomnia occur when somebody has not sleep for some days. This can lead to many diseases like mental disorder as a result of brain disturbed. This normally happen to elderly people and drug addicted person. Most of the hospitals are dealing with this kind of diseases,when some people were carried to the hospital with mental problems and the most of this diseases were diagnosing to be as a result of insomnia which can be cured immediately by giving drugs and injection to relieve the insomia very fast.

Melanie3344

Unfortunately, insomnia is a common problem today. The main causes include stress, an irregular sleep schedule, poor sleeping habits, mental health disorders like anxiety and depression, physical illnesses and pain, medications, neurological problems, and specific sleep disorders. Most people just start taking sleeping pills, but not all of them think about possible side effects. According to the Canada Drugs Direct site, the most popular sleeping medications have the following side effects:
  • Burning or tingling in the hands, arms, feet, or legs
  • Changes in appetite
  • Constipation
  • Balance problems
  • Dizziness
  • Daytime drowsiness
  • Dry mouth or throat
  • Gas
  • Headache
  • Heartburn
  • Mental slowing or problems with attention or memory
  • Stomach pain or tenderness
  • Uncontrollable shaking of a part of the body
  • Unusual dreams
  • Weakness
It's important to be aware of possible sleeping pill side effects so you can stop the drug and call your doctor immediately to avoid a more serious health problem. Moreover, sleep aids should not be used long-term.