Manage a budding actor or singer

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
A former colleague in the office has a granddaughter Michelle who was invited to join a tv shooting and eventually the girl was offered a contract. The grandpa signed as the manager. He will be spending for all the needs of the tv star but he gets 20% commission on the income (talent fee). When my colleague learned the business of being talent manager he said that it is easy money.

The first step is to find a prospect, preferably a teenager, male or female, that has the looks and the attitude that can be trained. An acting workshop is imperative not only for the talent to learn but also for the manager to gain connections because usually the instructor in the acting workshop is a veteran in the movie industry. The cost of developing the talent can be recovered within 3 months when the talent gets projects. Now my colleague has 3 other talents that he is managing aside from his granddaughter.

Mika

VIP Contributor
The entertainment industry is still in the growth stage in my home country and people are yet to pick to singing and acting as a full-time career. Well, people are making money as a singer and actor but only a hand full of them are able to do so, for the rest of the actors and singers acting and singing are just hobbies. However, I believe it will improve in the future.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I have manged social media account for a budding actor. I was paid $50 monthly to manage facebook page and instagram account. I was supposed to build followers, share posts (status, pictures, videos), and drive engagements to the posts. I worked for this actor for many months, until he decided to take charges.