Practical Tips to Efficiently Manage Multiple Businesses.

Etini

Valued Contributor
Managing multiple businesses as an entrepreneur could be very difficult if not handled with tact and creativity. It often times is either there is inefficiency in one of the businesses. But there are tips to manage multiple businesses efficiently. They are:

1) Look for points of overlap of roles and responsibilities between the two businesses and run it as a single unit. This simply implies that any shared task between the two businesses, run it as one simultaneously.

2) Use staff with complementary skills accross the two businesses. Any staff of one of the businesses that has a skill that would be useful in the other business, negotiate with him or her with good incentives to work across the two businesses. That saves time and efforts in supervision.

3) Place joint orders for supplies: Work out a way to manage inventory accross the two businesses to make sure supplies that are common to all the businesses are jointly supplied. You get more discounts that way.

Mika

VIP Contributor
You have shared some really valuable tips but I was wondering if you are saving this based on your personal experience, or based on someone's experience, or are you providing tips that you read somewhere online.
As far as I am concerned, I run multiple businesses. I sell from my own website as well as sell through multiple ecommerce sites. I sell physical products as well as digital products. I also use print on demand method to sell. The most important thing for managing multiple business is time management skill

Axis

Banned
Many business owners today have more than one businesses and yet they are able to manage an administrate this businesses that they own. Majority of these business owners are able to accomplish this first of all by developing good and cordial relationship among their employees and those in which they have put in place to oversee other business activities especially when they are not around or when they are focusing on one business. Multitasking in business does not necessarily mean that you must be the business managers of all this business however you can devote and then the gate managerial activities to order individuals who have better qualification and better knowledge of business management.

rubesh

Valued Contributor
Managing multiple businesses as an entrepreneur can indeed be a daunting task, but with the right approach, it's possible to navigate this complex terrain efficiently. Here are some tips to help streamline the process:

Identify points of overlap in roles and responsibilities across your businesses and integrate them where possible. By treating shared tasks as a single unit, you can streamline operations and minimize inefficiencies.

Capitalize on staff with complementary skills across your businesses. Encourage employees who possess skills relevant to both ventures to work across both, offering incentives for their dual contributions. This not only saves time but also fosters a cohesive work environment.

Optimize purchasing power by consolidating orders for supplies. By coordinating inventory management across your businesses, you can take advantage of bulk purchasing discounts and ensure consistent supply chains, ultimately maximizing cost savings.

By implementing these strategies, entrepreneurs can effectively manage multiple businesses while maximizing productivity and profitability.