Side effect of sitting too much

Empress

Verified member
When you sit for long period of time it can cause some health implications like obesity, high blood pressure, excess body fat and high blood sugar and too much sitting can also cause certain diseases and cancer which can lead to death we should always try to stand up after like 30 minutes or while pressing phone, walk for sometime when less busy because working helps to burn calories in the body which can even lead to weight loss or even get an increase in energy while sitting for long doesn't have any advantage it can even lead to diabetes and it also slow down digestion by compressing the food which can lead to implications like constipation and heart burn

ravitiku

Sitting at a place for longer periods can cause the weight gain profoundly.Less of mobility can cause the cardio vascular problems too. Vigorous movements and active life is the only solution for such a person.

Good luck

Verified member
All the points mentioned above are quite reasonable when you talk about sitting for a very long time.Sitting too much may affect the spinal cord and may cause serious injury to the body. The person that sit much may grow old easily because the system is not being exercise and some cells are gradually weak by not allowing blood to flow easily.

Barin

Sitting too much most especially after eating makes the stomach to get bigger and also slow down digestion

Kola

Verified member
Sitting too much can affect the back in such a way that when you seat too much the back start to ache and thereby making the back bend.so avoid sitting too much because it can spoil the way you seat.also after eating learn to walk around for easy digestion of food

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Nowadays I am sitting too much because I need to work online and make money. If I do not sit in front of screen, I would not be able to make money. This is true for many other people as well who are required to sit on a chair in their cabin for a long period of time.

Drrooll

Sitting for a very long time is not good for the health as it can cause all the Health issues that you mentioned

Xachima

Those who sit for long most especially when they just finish eating do experience fat belly that is why it is good to take a walk for some time

Samrilm

Sitting too much is not good for the health it is good to try to take a walk for like some minutes so that you can be healthy

uforwealth

Verified member
Prolonged sitting is detrimental to our health because it can cause improper functions of our body systems. A person whose job involves sitting for a long period of time may suffer from a chronic pile.