Is Bitcoin and Bitcoin cash the same?

Finger Geek

Verified member
Have you ever wondered what the difference between bitcoin and bitcoin cash is? Bitcoin cash is almost the same with Bitcoin as it is created with Bitcoin fork.

In around 2017 bitcoin cash was created with bitcoin which later in 2018 produced 2 forks which were bitcoin cash ABC and bitcoin cash SV. Both bitcoin and bitcoin cash shares similarities has bitcoin cash is created from bitcoin fork. They both have limit in there supply for they both will stop mining when they both reach 21 millions supply.

Bitcoin cash can be said to be the improved version of bitcoin. Bitcoin cash increased to between 10 MB and 30 Man which makes it to process more transactions of about or more than 1000 per block. This makes it to be faster than bitcoin when performing a transaction.

But the problem that bitcoin cash is having is of the price that remains stagnant. The price have been in the range of $500 to $1000 for q very long time now and has not grow untill recent that the price moved above $1000 and rose to about $1,600. But now the price has reduced to sometimes below $500 .

Bitcoin cash is supposed to replace bitcoin. But the price has made it though to replace bitcoin. This I can say that it is a failure as I see it as the worse cryptocurrency that I ever seen.

What do you think about bitcoin cash and what future do you think it has?

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
In around 2017 bitcoin cash was created with bitcoin which later in 2018 produced 2 forks which were bitcoin cash ABC and bitcoin cash SV.
It was Node. Right now Bitcoincash Node is active like Bitcoincash, the ABC version is valueless without Node. However, Bitcoincash is established as itself, independent from Bitcoin.

Although ABC version depends on Node version, but, BCH stands itself. There are still 21 Million BTC and 21 Million BCH, both have there own space.

I don't believe it was ever developed to 'replace bitcoin'.

Doesn't have much of a future IMO, trend has moved on

Suba

Staff member
Of course, there are many differences between Bitcoin (BTC) and Bitcoin Cash (BCH), especially in terms of price and market capitalization. With the Bitcoin hard fork I get the advantage of storing BTC in Coinbase and Blockchain wallet because I get the same amount of BCH as the amount of BTC I store in both wallets. Another difference between BTC and BCH is that BCH has a larger block size so it can accommodate around 25000 transactions per block, while BTC can only accommodate less than 1500 transactions per block.