General insurance Important skills needed in the insurance industry

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Insurance is simply an avenue of employment to people who are seeking employment. Since anyone can work in insurance via any of the list listed then it means that, financial dividends will return to the employed individual under any insurance company. One can work as an agent, know what it takes in that area to succeed.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Educational qualifications are necessary to get into the Insurance industry. But if you possess the right skills, then it's clear that you will perform better and give out everything with excellence in it. Insurance includes problem solving tasks and giving a service that is appreciated by the clients, so your skills have a big role in this field.
Your last line is legit, it does play a great role when you want to be outstanding in the industry. This is like bringing your game plan to your job so that you would be to lure or entice clients to stick with your service. This is where skills come in to help you progress better

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I saw you quote it as you've said here, the skills adds to the qualification towards securing the job around the positions in the insurance company. At the moment, insurance companies needs the best, they simply wants skilled professionals to employ, and not semi-skilled or unskilled which they'll train, No.
We are on the same page bro. Just having the educational qualifications might not be enough for you to excel the way you should. You just need to add your skills to the training you have acquired already. So it isn't about the industry training you but you developing your self as you journey along in the industry

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Yeah if you read my opening paragraph you would noticed that I wrote apart from the educational qualifications or training as you termed it you need some skills. So I'm not saying you just use these skills only to be a professional but you need to have these skills and add them to your training to excel better.
I saw you quote it as you've said here, the skills adds to the qualification towards securing the job around the positions in the insurance company. At the moment, insurance companies needs the best, they simply wants skilled professionals to employ, and not semi-skilled or unskilled which they'll train, No.

Nite

Valued Contributor
Educational qualifications are necessary to get into the Insurance industry. But if you possess the right skills, then it's clear that you will perform better and give out everything with excellence in it. Insurance includes problem solving tasks and giving a service that is appreciated by the clients, so your skills have a big role in this field.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Nowadays it is not just enough for you to carry your degree or diploma certificate around if you want to get hired for a job but instead you should have professional soft skills. This soft skills are normally changing based on gross demand every now and then so it is important for you to be ahead and learn them.
You are right one thing is to have the necessary training but you need the marketable skills that would enable you to be competitive. What will help are the soft skills required to scale through. So having the the listed skills above will really help. You just have to learn them or boost them in you if there are laying fallow

Setho

VIP Contributor
Nowadays it is not just enough for you to carry your degree or diploma certificate around if you want to get hired for a job but instead you should have professional soft skills. This soft skills are normally changing based on gross demand every now and then so it is important for you to be ahead and learn them.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I understand that the skills you mentioned is mainly for the insured to operate on the insurance company. The skills require training, one can't just wake up in the morning and claim being an expert around the aforementioned skills. We need training to fit in to the task and objective of the job long time.
Yeah if you read my opening paragraph you would noticed that I wrote apart from the educational qualifications or training as you termed it you need some skills. So I'm not saying you just use these skills only to be a professional but you need to have these skills and add them to your training to excel better.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The skills listed are for the insured or insurance company. If one really want to succeed in the sector since it is highly competitive then it must not only have the training but the flair for it. Sometimes having the natural skills which encompasses doing things in a unique is all that is needed
I understand that the skills you mentioned is mainly for the insured to operate on the insurance company. The skills require training, one can't just wake up in the morning and claim being an expert around the aforementioned skills. We need training to fit in to the task and objective of the job long time.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Insurance is simply an avenue of employment to people who are seeking employment. Since anyone can work in insurance via any of the list listed then it means that, financial dividends will return to the employed individual under any insurance company. One can work as an agent, know what it takes in that area to succeed.
The skills listed are for the insured or insurance company. If one really want to succeed in the sector since it is highly competitive then it must not only have the training but the flair for it. Sometimes having the natural skills which encompasses doing things in a unique is all that is needed

Augusta

VIP Contributor
If you are looking to get into the insurance industry,apart from having the educational qualification needed you need the right skills too to perform better.

Below are the important skills that will help you perform better ;

Problem solving skills: insurance is about helping people out with their problem so you need this skill

Customer service skills: This y another skill you would be needing because you would be dealing specifically with humans so you need to be friendly, accommodating and polite.

Organizing skills: This is another skill you need to have to function effectively, you know you would be dealing with different clients and you need to have and keep their records. So you need the skill to fully organize well

You need to be attention to details which will help you avoid errors or mistakes in calculation.

What's your thoughts?

Augusta

VIP Contributor
If you are selling an insurance policy, you need three things, one, a great marketing strategy, two, the ability to convince people, three a great product. You cannot sell a bad policy even with your great marketing skills. If you do not have great marketing skills you cannot sell policies even when they are very good.
Definitely, this is why it is of utmost importance to always have the flsir and the needed skills if you want to succeed with insurance, because you need to really convince people to buy from you. Marketing skills are really needed to thrive if one need to go into this sector of the economy

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you are selling an insurance policy, you need three things, one, a great marketing strategy, two, the ability to convince people, three a great product. You cannot sell a bad policy even with your great marketing skills. If you do not have great marketing skills you cannot sell policies even when they are very good.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You are right in your compilation. Those skills that you mentioned are indeed sacrosanct while taking up insurance company. We also need to have some investigatory skill. This is because not all claims from the insured person are to be taken serious. There is need to do some proper investigations to ascertain the truth.
Definitely, you know whatever sector you have to succeed in apart from being trained you need good skills to go with. So with insurance company that is very competitive you would need these skills to survive the stiff competition. Yeah I agree with you being able to investigate properly is needed too.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Well I really do not think it is very necessary to have some special skills to make use of insurance, unless you wanna do it as a business or job in which some mistakes made might have consequences. Only on that area I could agree to the point of view you just made

btaliat

VIP Contributor
You are right in your compilation. Those skills that you mentioned are indeed sacrosanct while taking up insurance company. We also need to have some investigatory skill. This is because not all claims from the insured person are to be taken serious. There is need to do some proper investigations to ascertain the truth.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
You are right anything about insurance needs one with a good marketing skills to excel. You would need to convince people to see the need on why they need to be on any plan. So without having a good marketing skills it might be difficult to persuade clients to opt on a plan especially for the sceptical oned
That is the reason why most times insurance company usually test their marketers ,so they would actually know if they have the right marketing skills and capabilities to do the job properly for them through testing them with tasks and interviews , before they make any interior move of hiring the person to work

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I think some other ones I know about is marketing skills , you need to know how to market the business very well to the customers because that would determine if the insurance company would get so many people patronising their business or they won't get to have so many people
You are right anything about insurance needs one with a good marketing skills to excel. You would need to convince people to see the need on why they need to be on any plan. So without having a good marketing skills it might be difficult to persuade clients to opt on a plan especially for the sceptical oned

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
So does it really mean that if people do not have this skills that they cannot go into an insurance organisation ? Because me I believe if this skill is not there in an individual naturally then it is possible for an individual to learn it and use it in his insurance company.. some people may not even have the skill but with proper academic qualification they are able to do it.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I think some other ones I know about is marketing skills , you need to know how to market the business very well to the customers because that would determine if the insurance company would get so many people patronising their business or they won't get to have so many people