How important are your skills?

Immilash

Incorrect Sentence Format
When working online or offline we both need good skills in order to earn a cool Cash but sometimes it happens you will see someone with good and better skills but that fellow can not earn a decent amount online or offline. It makes we to think I then realized that every single thing we do is determined by us the type of person you are will also determine how you will earn and some times your levels of motivation also matters it matters a j the sense that how mortivated you are will determine all your earnings. I have seen countless of people that earns a decent cash online with no good skills this also led me to think, I realized that sometimes your skills are not that important u say this in experience of what happened to me. Your motivation mattery when it comes to making money online or offline. I'm a clear example of person that earns a cool Cash online with out skills. I must say this I don't have good skills this earn money especially online but that doesn't hinders me from earning money. At Last all I'm trying to say here is that your level of motivation will determine how you will earn. I will like to hear your own opinion on this.thank you.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Yes bro, motivation plays a big role in how far we go even in life, on God sometimes I woke up without any zeal of writing but when I think of my target, I'll drop my emotions and feelings aside and get to work and hell no, I don't think you don't have any skill, because you can write clearly, I always look out for your threads on this section and if you don't know how to write well I won't even bother, so you see you have a Skill.

The only difference between those that have skills and those that don't is, there's a limit to what someone without skills can earn but with a good skill your earning potential depends solely on your ability to negotiate.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
What a nice philosophy. Sometimes people don't earn based on their skills online, they earn based on how far they can be motivated. I have seen some people that are making chill money just because they are motivated to work online by sole incentives they are receiving online. For instance, the person with the best writing skill may not be earning more here but someone that's motivated to work here may be making much money.

funmi

Verified member
Though, I do know that motivation is highly required but our skills is also very important. It is also part of the integral parts of making money both online and offline. If you possess good skills, you will really do well offline, your skills will be good for your personal needs and also a good source of income for you. But online, we do more of intellectual work. Even here on trendri.com, it requires a lot of brain work before you can think of what to write and compose your write up in an appropriate way or manner. So, I can say boldly that our skills is very important if we want to do well in business

Mika

VIP Contributor
I do a lot of things, from blogging, content writing, marketing, to designing and developing websites and designing and developing apps. I am also thinking about acquiring new skills so that I can earn better in 2022. I am thinking to learn video making and animation. These are two skills I will be learning in the new year. These skills are in high demand and you also earn better pay rate. If I m able to earn better, I will give on doing things that take a lot of effort but does not pay well. Learning skill is very important for earning

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Motivation is very important whenever one is doing one job. Some time you may get discourage along the the way . Every successful business person must be well equipped and never run away from taking risk.
Without having any skill this day it will be very difficult for such a person to make it this days.

Everyone skills is a tools that should be use to make away for some one.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
On anything I am really interested to do I am always refused to be motivated by anyone or by whatever circumstances , the reason is because anything I am doing I do mostly go for the things I believe because I know those are the ones that are likely to work for me , if I Don't see potential in it there is no level of motivation that can push me to go into it that is why in any things I do and whatever things I believe on I'll always try as much as possible to make sure I get the best result from it.... When considering the type of online skill to learn , I will do a lot of research to understand the most profitable one which can help you to earn bbetter then I will decide to learn it.. even after learning a skill it will take some sort of discipline for you to be able to monetize your skill effectively to a point of earning a consistent income because the competition out there is not something you can achieve a quick result within a short period of time, it is a gradual process of success

General01

This is absolutely true, I so much subscribe to this philosophy.

Skill is very important in making money online but the level of motivation determines the level of making money online.
The place of motivation is very critical because at some point you wouldn't feel like to continue even though you a highly skilled, the differentiating factor is how you decide subsequently. You might decide to motivate yourself and the outcome will eventually lead to more money or you give up and the outcome will reflect.
In a nutshell,Motivation is very important when it is about making money either online or offline( all the same)

goodmoneygoodlife

I think in Cal Newport's book, "So Good They Can't Ignore You" his thesis is that motivation comes from skills. The OP said that he's 'not very skilled' but has made money online. I disagree.

Obviously, if you make money online, the result you've achieved means that you are skilled, by definition.

And because our skill-level dictates results. The better skill = the better results. And the more results we have, the more we're motivated to keep going.

I agree w/ the book's philosophy which is: You don't really find passion/motivation. You get skilled enough at an art and then the motivation comes after you've reached some threshold level of skill. And then it becomes a positive feedback loop.

And to anyone who has master a certain skill: you probably know that there's some inherent joy in being really, really good at something. And the money is just extra (even though it's quite important).