How important is learning skills to earn money?

Immilash

Many people venture into online activities but don't have good skills, is it possible for these kinds of people to earn a decent amount of money online? For me I don't think if such people can earn a tangible amount they will only earn peanuts. What's your opinion on this?

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Well in nigeria, it has always been a considerable idea of making money most especially for the people that does not have the financial capability to go to school, well in this job, your level of income will depend on how well you present yourself and your workplace. As a matter of fact, I have a sister that makes money from similar work like this in which she has been making good money from it due to the fact that she is well packaged and this always attracts big people, I mean the ones that will be able to afford the high amount she charges them.

Wiserr

Yes you are right,as newbies and learners it good to learn the process that can enhance you in all the things needed,so as to avoid any sort of problem or the other.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
If you simply wants to earn reasonable amount of money online, then you'll come to know the value of learning a skill. Everyone simply wants the best employees, no employer via the freelance marketplace are looking for the unskilled they are all looking for world-class skilled employees to help them deliver assignments and get rewarded handsomely for excellent job execution. Even without working via the freelance marketplace you can simply earn as a self employed individual with your set of skills or a single skill, by creating website, if you're web designer, then develop the website to be high in traffic, earn from Ads, or flip the website off and recoup the amount you spent for it and record profit as well.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
I have never seen a man or woman that has wealth with substance, that is not an addictive learner. The reality of things is that for one to succeed in life one must be open to learning new things or developing yourself even in your choosen field of study or discipline.

Now be it skilled, semi skilled or unskilled Labour or profession one must improve on the skills so as to standout and distinguish yourself from the crowd. This will enable you to increase productivity and at the same time boost your overall output. and it will lead to promotion aswel.

E

eldavis

Honestly this is what many people miss out, to really earn something reasonable or make a living online, you need skills and not just having any skills but also to be very good at what you do.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Many people venture into online activities but don't have good skills, is it possible for these kinds of people to earn a decent amount of money online? For me I don't think if such people can earn a tangible amount they will only earn peanuts. What's your opinion on this?
It is very important because you can only be able to make constant money if you have a skill to offer and there are different types of skills that can provide you some money depending on the one you are interested in, you can be a copy writer, you can be an affiliate marketer and at the same time you can be a cryptocurrency trader ,all these things are something you need to learn to perfection before you can think of making money most especially digital trading, what we have to understand is that without the skill we cannot make serious money online except on paid to post platform

Jack Reacher

Verified member

Both experience and knowledge are important. Actually they both are related to each other. Education is must for forex trading as it is a work of professional. To become a professional you need knowledge. You have to reliably sharpen your trading learning if you have to stay long around here. And experience comes when you educate yourself. I am trading with Eurotrader, a regulated broker. It provides me a wide range of services including low spreads, 1:500 leverage and instant trade execution.​

uforwealth

Verified member
Having one skill or another is very important for anybody who wants to make money online. Even if you are an affiliate who sells other people's products to make commissions, you need skills. If you don't have skill in affiliate marketing, how can you convince your potential customers to buy the product you are promoting. Skills matter most.

If you don't know what skill you can learn, I suggest the following skills.
copywriting
content writing
logo design
Seo
The above-listed skills are in demand and will always be.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Skills are the best empowerment you can have to earn effectively online. A lot of people have made it in online with their skills. Though, skills are different and the way you use them to make money on the internet is also another thing entirely. There are people with real good skills yet they don't even know or aware that they can earn reasonably with their skills.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
I'm always an advocate of learning new skills on this forum and anywhere, this is 21st century, there isn't much for you if you don't have any skill, even if you graduated from Harvard, employers look for people that can practicalise what they've learnt in school, many people that didn't go to school can actually learn skill whether digital or non digital to earn a living, that's how it is.

And if you want to learn new skills, is not you'll just know the surface level and that's all, as a learner, remove average from your dictionary, learn a skill and be a badass and super good in it, then you'll be able to make an income out of it.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
The truth is that you cannot really make anything tangible on the Internet if you do not have a skill. Any online business requires a skill for you to be successful on it ranging from athlete marketing to cryptocurrency trading and e-commerce and a whole lot of them.
If you want to succeed in cryptocurrency trading then you need to bring out your time to learn the necessary things and understand every term associated with cryptocurrency in order to make profit on it. You need to be very good in technical and fundamental analysis in order for you to make maximum profit. We also need money management skills if you really want to be successful.
If you want to go into affiliate marketing then you also need to learn the whole lot of things such as content creation and search engine optimisation with a little knowledge of graphics designing because all those things are needed for you as an affiliate marketer. if you want to promote products then you have to be good in creating content that will convince people to buy the product you are promoting. Y also need a graphics designer skill in order to design your landing page or website as the case may be.
So, it is literally impossible for you to become successful on the internet without a skill.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
It is possible that those who don't have any of you are going to earn peanuts online. But it is possible to make money online even if you don't have any skills. So far you have open mind and willingness to learn you are good to go.

Lack of skill is not among the major stumbling block for some people to make money online. It is pretty much easier to acquire any digital scales as there are different available in which someone can acquire a skill online.

Take for instance if you want to learn graphic design, you can go over to Udemy and select some course of choice if you are on budget you can go to music and watch couple of videos to have basic knowledge about the skill you want to acquire.

This method is good for someone who wants to become a freelancer and do not have any skill to render in the marketplace.

I did the same thing when I want to learn about building niche websites. I subscribed two different channels on YouTube but the good one and the bad ones.

I have a friend who learn how to become a copywriter just by watching YouTube videos and he's making a lot of money as a result

Setho

VIP Contributor
There are a lot of people that can try to convince you that you can be able to make money online without having to put in any significant investment but then in as much as that is true it is not sustainable. The best way to making money online is first of all having a skill of your own where you can be able to sell as that is going to strategically position you from so many people who are wanting to make money for free. You should take your time in order to learn a skill or if possible even pay for it.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Learning new skills is critical to earning money. Knowledge is power. The more you learn, the more valuable you become to your employer or customers, and the more money you can earn. Seeking knowledge can help increase income in a number of different ways. You may gain new skills that make you more qualified for a higher-paying job at your current company or for a better position at another company. You may learn something that allows you to start your own business, which can lead to increased earnings potential. Or you might pick up new information that helps you save money on everyday purchases and thus increases your disposable income.

Education doesn't have to be formal training or attending traditional classes. Sometimes it's simply reading industry blogs or looking at other companies' websites to see what their employees are doing and what they're talking about online. Or it could mean listening to podcasts and watching videos about your industry on YouTube and other platforms.
One thing is certain: people who seek knowledge tend to be more successful financially than those who don't.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Skills are very necessary in online earning. Without them, you only end up making very small income. This is because you will be forced to work in sites such as paid to click, solving captchas, answering surveys, posting on social media sites and other micro tasks that take up so much of your time yet you don't earn much out of it.

Skills will enable you to work on high paying platforms. For example, you can sell a lot in freelancing if you are skilled. Clients usually look for good skills in the freelancers that they choose to trust them with their work. So you should strive to learn freelancing skills.

It is also through good skills that you earn well in cryptocurrency trading or forex trading. Without skills, you only end up making losses. Which can be so devastating given how people invest high amounts in the forex market.

The good things is that one can take time to learn skills and actually make a good fortune out of it. Skills can be learnt both online and offline. By enrolling to courses or by being guided by an already experienced person. Whichever way, it is best for you to learn skills.

Last edited:

Mika

VIP Contributor
How can anyone make money? Let me be precise, how do you make money? You need to work to make money. What do you need to work and make money? Let's say you want to work in a car garage? How can you get hired in a car garage? Do you need to be a mechanic in order to work in a car garage? How can you become a mechanic? You need to learn the skills. If you want to work as a bus driver, you need driving skills. If you want to become a teacher in a school, you need an education. If you want to work in an office as an assistant, you not only need education but also some kind of training. You need education and training to build your knowledge, skills, and expertise so that you can work for the desired job and make money. Without knowledge and skills, you cannot make money, either online or offline. Therefore, before you think about making money, try to acquire knowledge and skills. The better your skills, the more money you can make. You have general writing skills, you post on forums and earn some money. If you have specialized writing skills, for instance, technical writing, ebook writing, etc. you earn more.

Some people think that the most important thing for young people is to learn skills in order to earn money. But others think that there are more important things than learning skills in order to earn money.

There are a few different ways to answer this question. One perspective is that, in order to be successful in life, it is important for young people to learn essential skills that will enable them to earn money. This is especially important in a competitive and ever-changing economy.

There are many skills that people can learn in order to earn money. The most important factor is to find something that you are interested in and passionate about. With the right skills, you can be successful in any field.

Some of the most popular skills that people can learn in order to make money include: writing, programming, web development, graphic design, marketing, and sales. These are all skills that can be learned relatively easily, and there are many online courses and tutorials that can help you get started. You can find free tutorials on platforms like YouTube and Facebook and search for the digital skills you'll like to learn for free. You can choose to buy courses also which may come at a cost but will point out everything you need to know and take you the steps at getting better on what you do.

blessingc

Money is as essential as the existence of man. It keeps man going it makes life easy, it provides the basic needs of man and give man a say over his personal life. A skill set is an inextricable combination of knowledge, experience, personal qualities and abilities that you have developed through your life and work.

To stay relevant in today’s ever-changing modern world, it is extremely crucial and important to develop one’s skill. When you have skills you are automatically self reliant, you are self employed, you can use your skills to earn money big time.

I for one was brought up in a family where the first thing you are given after primary education is an opportunity to learn a skill, because we believe having skills can help you in life even without furthering your education. At the age of 11 I learnt how to cut and sew clothes, I furthered after secondary education to learn computer appreciation and graphics.

It has been a very solid foundation for me and I have been making money out of it pretty well. Having a skill makes you less dependent on anyone because any where at anytime you can cater for your basic needs