Do you think proofreading is worth enough to be done as main profession

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Proofreading is one of the freelance jobs as far as I know, it deals with going through an article written in order to correct any mistakes or blunder in it. Basically the work of a proofreader is to edit writings. If you ask me, I think works like can be depended on, if you happen to find yourself living or based in a developed country where life tends to be easier than it is here in mine. By this, you will get to see people bring in job for you to do from time to time, unlike a place like this where writers are not even valued not to think of someone that is going to proofread whatever that was put down. If you really want to be successful doing this, you must be close to writers, or better still, I will advise such person not to do it as a self employed, try to secure a job in probably a newspaper company where your services will be paid for because you will definitely be put on a payroll, and you won’t have to worry if there is anyone bringing you jobs or not. But frankly speaking, you can still earn money by going online. This is all I know about it, so what do you think?

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
In my own opinion, it depends on how many gigs you are getting per day to make this a professional job. I don't think you can rely on being a proof reader to earn professionally, I think it should be a side thing that you do at your leisure time. Though, you can be a professional proof reader, that's a good thing but you can't fully depend on that.