Can one make proofreading a full time job?

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Normally, proofreading jobs are usually done online, as a matter of fact, I happen to know about it when I started working online, I do not think I have seen or heard of anyone that does this work basically offline, this is actually because they get their job from article writers and probably people that are into writing ebooks, it is more like an editor’s job in movie industries. Well from my research, I came to know that regular writers like novelists and the likes also make use of their skills to correct some mistakes or blunders from whatever they have been writing.
The way I see it, I do not think that jobs like this are worthy enough to made as a main job in a country like Nigeria due to the poor economy of the state. In places like this, it will be like a once in months kind of income type of work which might not give the chance to pay one’s bills or even use to take care of the family, so I will advise anyone that does this form of work to make sure to have another work doing and let this be a side hustle. Well this is my opinion about it though.

The way I see it, Proofreading is a job that can done as a full time job, but there are some protocols you have to follow in order to make it a lucrative work. And to be honest, this is a kind of job that does not favor everyone that decides to do it simply because it is choosy, what I meant to say by that is, you have to be well connected with a lot of people that might be involved in doing writing jobs or people that knows them or work with them, so you can easily be referred.

It is possible to make full-time income rendering proofreading services to the people online on freelance marketplaces.

I have a close friend who is working full-time income helping people hours to correct grammatical errors and syntax errors in their contents or project.

It is one of the easiest and common services you are going to see most of the freelance marketplaces.

There are some people who are proofreaders naturally but majority of the people are making use of software to render the service in the freelance Marketplace.

If you are going to render this copywriting service, you have to be creative enough to stand out of the competition in the marketplace.

You can earn as a proofreader but in order to make money as a proofreader, you need language and grammar skills in your chosen language. You also need a degree in the chosen language. For instance, if you want to make money reading proof in English language manuscript, you need a degree in English language and literature, you need skills related to proofreading and also a lot of experience in the related field. This job is generaly reserved to the professional, and not for those who are trying to make money on paid to post forums. You need to be an expert.