Make money proofreading

Goofyy

I've certainly considered being a proofreader, as much as its time consuming I really wanted to do it but honestly freelancing on fiverring isn't as easy as it use to be.

Nowadays Proofreaders are in high demand for online businesses.

They require someone to proofread, spot grammatical errors, and correct typos. If this is something you believe you'd be good at, and you don't need any official training (though you could take this free course), this type of work allows you to work when and when you want.

Here's where you can look for proofreading employment. You might start your own freelance business or work on fiverr which pays between $12 and $20 per hour, that is if you like, you can set your rates

Earning $12 an hour won't make you rich at all, but atleast it's something, for someone living in nigeria it's a whole lot of money, when you check it up in a whole day, whether you're looking to just get extra money into your monthly income

You could even add any other skill to your portfolio on fiverr and earn an extra while you're also proofreading.

So what's your method, please share your method of Earning atleast $10 an hour, honestly I'll love to hear them.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Proofreading might look easy in the eyes or on the mind. But it isn't easy when it gets started. As a proofreader, you'll be required to do editing, spot out grammatical errors, lack of punctuation marks, inappropriate sentences etc. So, when you're doing all this things it takes time and needs carefulness too in order to execute the task. Anyone who isn't well vast when it comes to putting words in appropriate write-up will find proofreading task very hard. But if you've mastered the art, you'll simply enjoy your job, because the reward is encouraging as well. Some proofreaders charge even up to $20 per 1000-1500 words of article from an employer.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I do not have any problem with the business idea because I understand the business idea is really a lucrative idea and a lot of people are in needs of a a proofreader to read and spot some errors in some of the ebooks or digital content they have written and it is somehow on high demand .

But my only problem is that , where are we going to engage in this business as a newbie? That is the most important thing to me because if you are suggesting that we start this business in a freelancing platform then obviously we'll have to face a lot of challenges because of the high competition , we may not likely be able to succeed because there are thousands of people with this skill already who has established themselves in terms of ratings , going into a freelancing platform to establish anything will really be so competitive that you will need a good marketing strategy before you are likely to succeed..

Any digital Business idea to me as I understand I will always be profitable but due to high competition a lot of people will always have challenges because they won't be able to make money with it as it may appears to be.