D

Deleted member 13140

I've certainly considered being a proofreader, as much as its time consuming I really wanted to do it but honestly freelancing on fiverring isn't as easy as it use to be.

Nowadays Proofreaders are in high demand for online businesses.

They require someone to proofread, spot grammatical errors, and correct typos. If this is something you believe you'd be good at, and you don't need any official training (though you could take this free course), this type of work allows you to work when and when you want.

Here's where you can look for proofreading employment. You might start your own freelance business or work on fiverr which pays between $12 and $20 per hour, that is if you like, you can set your rates

Earning $12 an hour won't make you rich at all, but atleast it's something, for someone living in nigeria it's a whole lot of money, when you check it up in a whole day, whether you're looking to just get extra money into your monthly income

You could even add any other skill to your portfolio on fiverr and earn an extra while you're also proofreading.

So what's your method, please share your method of Earning atleast $10 an hour, honestly I'll love to hear them.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't really know any other way of making up to $10 per hour except maybe you just consider the freelancing you have just mentioned because it is the only way a person can be able to make money most especially for the early members in most freelancing platform .

when you don't have a good understanding of what you are offering in a freelancing platform the possibility of making money there will be very low because your rating will be down and some people won't like to do business with you, I don't really know much about transcriptionist but I believe they can also be able to make up to that amount of money on daily basis if there is much things to do..

Proofreading might be a lucrative freelance business but the problem is all you can be able to make money with the business now because as I understand it will require a lot of your time and dedication, there are a lot of people and thousands of freelancers on the internet who are offering the same proofreading services in different freelancing platform , how are we going to overcome this huge competition of well-established people in this platform ?

Emmanuel 2042

I don't really know any other way of making up to $10 per hour except maybe you just consider the freelancing you have just mentioned because it is the only way a person can be able to make money most especially for the early members in most freelancing platform .

when you don't have a good understanding of what you are offering in a freelancing platform the possibility of making money there will be very low because your rating will be down and some people won't like to do business with you, I don't really know much about transcriptionist but I believe they can also be able to make up to that amount of money on daily basis if there is much things to do..

Proofreading might be a lucrative freelance business but the problem is all you can be able to make money with the business now because as I understand it will require a lot of your time and dedication, there are a lot of people and thousands of freelancers on the internet who are offering the same proofreading services in different freelancing platform , how are we going to overcome this huge competition of well-established people in this platform ?
I remember when I started freelancing, I got my first job after a week. It was a HUGE deal, cuz on the freelancing platform I joined only premium members were trusted for Jobs and I had no money to pay for premium membership. Anyways he explained to me what to do, we came to an understanding he said he'll send resources to me to start but 2 days later he took away the Job from me...it was painful I was not willing to go on...Again part of the MMO experience😂

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I remember when I started freelancing, I got my first job after a week. It was a HUGE deal, cuz on the freelancing platform I joined only premium members were trusted for Jobs and I had no money to pay for premium membership. Anyways he explained to me what to do, we came to an understanding he said he'll send resources to me to start but 2 days later he took away the Job from me...it was painful I was not willing to go on...Again part of the MMO experience😂
I don't really know the platform you were engaging in the affiliate marketing well I suggest you also mentioned the platform , I just want to have an idea of how the platform really works, and how much was the payment that was needed for you to upgrade your membership to a premium membership , Fiverr is a freelance platform but I don't really know if they will allow people to pay money to upgrade their position because I always believe that you can only be able to upgrade your position base on the rating you have on the platform, if your rating is really good obviously you will be able to attend a higher position and also based on how you can be able to satisfy your customers perfectly.

Well freelancing is somehow competitive nowadays more than before because there's a lot of new technologies and most people might even be using bot to advertise their services on freelance platform making it almost impossible for newbie to succeed.

I don't even know if it is still advisable for people to engage in a Freelance business base on the high competition that is circulating around it because that is what a lot of people are trying to do.

E

eldavis

You may not actually need some specific or special skills but you still have to be extremely careful and if possible have some skills or knowledge in English language. There are some typo errors that alot of persons do that actually seems correct, one might easily overlook such errors if proper care is not taken.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Being a proof reader, is a solid hustle, if you are good at the services you promised to offer. I have always wanted to be a proof reader, because I'm good with words, spellings, and spotting word errors, or sentence errors and all. But I could see the competitions on these freelance sites, you can barely get any job, if you are not lowering your service prices, to some ridiculous amount, which I see it doesn't sometimes worth it.

If I have to be forced to lower my service prices to around $3 to $4 just for some rigorous task, I don't think I can do that. Because proof reading is not easy, you could spend a whole day on proof reading, if you want to do a better job.