Is Learning Web Development Worth it in 2024?

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Learning Web Development is one of the skills that were peddled around in the last couple of years and a lot of people got into it and funny enough some were even lucky to land some jobs and also work remotely, but we've seen a lot of layoffs from companies lately and it's not been rosy, a lot of people lost their jobs and are looking for what to do next.

In your own view, Is it advisable to get into web development now and learn to code or learn other skills that are more Indemand, I think it solely depends on your goals and plans, If your future goals align with web development you should go ahead and do it else you're better off learning something else.

I also do not think AI is going to take away web development jobs, but it's going to make some roles redundant, there is no need for the AI scare.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
It is worth learning however the jobs of web development will be reduced by the fact that even non-programmers could use AI tools to generate code and just a little understanding of the concept and then could create a website without the need to pay a salary to a web developer may be this job disappear shortly. This is what most people are thinking nowadays about this job and it is not my point of view only but a shared idea between many of us.