7 Questions to Ask Before Studying Abroad

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
Deciding to study abroad represents one of life’s most exciting opportunities. Immerse yourself in new cultures, languages, perspectives and friendships across the globe. Make the most of your international academic adventure by first reflecting on these key points:

1. What destinations best align with my major, budget and interests? Compare program and country specifics in depth.

2. Have I checked travel advisories and health/safety protocols for my top choices? Be prepared should emergencies arise.

3. How will studying abroad academic credits transfer back to my home institution? Ensure proper credit coordination upfront.

4. Do my student health insurance, medical needs and prescriptions extend overseas? Address any coverage gaps beforehand.

5. Am I aware of visa application requirements and deadlines to enter my chosen country? Don't let paperwork delays derail dreams.

6. Have I budgeted beyond basic tuition for flights, housing, food, activities and travel? Crunch all numbers realistically.

Asking the logistical questions upfront allows you to maximize the positives of any location. Savor safely broadening your worldview through an unforgettable university program abroad!