Yoga Might Be Good For Some Health-Related Problems But It Is Bad For Bones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Yoga has been viewed as something that is usually considered beneficial for our health. There are many people who claim that yoga has helped them deal with many psychological and physical health issues. While it is true that the health befits of yoga have been established by the medical experts, there are still many things you need to consider if you practice yoga a lot. The fact of the matter is that Yoga can be bad for your bones because there are many yoga positions that might pressurize your bones and this in return might deteriorate the condition of your bones. I am not sure if it is possible to do yoga without practicing such positions that put strain on your bones. But it is better to avoid yoga if you have bad bones.

Is this your opinion or it is an expert decision? This sounds strange to me. Yoga may not pose the problem you highlighted except if not well practiced. I have never heard of anybody that gets postural defects for doing yoga. It is true that they may have positions that may be strenuous to the bones but I am not sure they are capable of causing defect except if scientifically proved.

Yoga is for both mental and physical wellbeing. It's an exercise recommended to strengthen the bones and maintain physical stability. When you points that yoga could cause a strain in ones bone , I am a bit sceptical about such information. Anyone with a bad bones can not engage in physical exercises

You must be joking right? Do you know what yoga actually is? Have you ever practiced yoga? I doubt that you have ever practiced yoga. If you had, you wouldn't say such a thing. For every yoga posture, there are dos and dons. A yoga teacher will tell you whether you can do this or not. If you have health issue, yoga teacher will tell you which postures are good and which postures are bad.

I'm not sure this is true....I have read about Yoga several times on the internet and I have never for once came across where Yoga was bad for one's bone. I have watched people practiced Yoga in several videos and it didn't look like something that can deteriorate bone healthiness.

I knew the watchword here will be doing it a lot. This is the problem we have as humans. We need to imbibe the word moderation to be able to excel better. Yoga done to the extreme will defeat its purpose for the body. So yeah the bad positions should be avoided

I know that yoga is more of the stretching and bending that you can experience with a Thai massage which I had several times. It was painful to the joints and I said if yoga is worse then it might be harmful to the body. However, yoga is all about mental calisthenics that can strengthen the concentration power.

Status
Not open for further replies.