What's Face Yoga?

Yusra3

Banned
yoga. The ancient art of stretching and relaxing your body to calm your mind and make you feel better about yourself. But did you know that you can do yoga for your face? It's true!

Face yoga is the practise of relaxing, strengthening, and toning your facial muscles via specific movements and positions. The exercises are normally done in a sequence over a few minutes, and regular practise is usually suggested for the best effects.

Benefits of Face Yoga

While Face yoga has a plethora of potential advantages. there are a few that are especially noteworthy:

-Increase circulation to the face, which improves skin quality

-Strengthen muscles in your face, which can help them stand up against gravity longer

-Improve facial symmetry

-Promote relaxation by decreasing tension in facial muscles

blessingc

The word face Yoga sounds really strange but it works, it is effective.
Facial yoga is all about moving, stretching and your facial muscles to help in easing of tension, worries and stress.
Face yoga is made to help improve the appearance of the face, to minimize wrinkles and sagging skin.

There are different kinds of face yoga; there's the eyes yoga, cheeks yoga, yoga for the lips and nasolabial folds and each of these facial yoga I have mentioned has their ways or names of their exercises.

For the eye yoga there's one called Eye-Opening Binoculars, it's a kind of eye exercise where you use your fingers to cup a part of your face while you lift your eyebrows for sometimes without wrinkling your forehead, there's another called eye crow and another called heart shaped box.

For the cheeks there are various exercises, there's one called Hummer it's as easy as pronouncing the word HUMMER it's just all about you opening your mouth wide, covering your teeth with your lips, lifting your cheeks and taking care not to wrink your eyes for a number of times.
There others which includes neck and jaw line exercise

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have attended yoga classes, I have been taught by a yoga master, but I never heard of the term face yoga. For a lot of people, yoga is just a light exercise, an exercise that tells you to move your body in a specific alignment or perform a certain position. Yoga is more than that. Yoga is a Sanskrit term that is literally translated as a sum of two or more things. Yoga is a Hindu exercise pattern that involves combining your body with your mind and soul to reach the perfection of mental and physical health. The ultimate aim of yoga is to reach enlightenment but a lot of people can not attain enlightenment, therefore, reaching the perfection of mental and physical health is their primary goal. Yoga is more than stretching the body. As a student of yoga, I know there are specific recommendations to move your eyes, jaws, necks head, etc to relax your facial skin. But I have never heard anyone use the term face yoga. One simple yoga exercise involves running your palm to generate heat and then massaging your face with your palm. Another exercise involves rubbing your closed eyes gently with your middle finger and ring finger.