Which do you prefer for real estate investment - house, apartment, condo unit, townhouse?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Aside from having a home one of my dreams is to have an apartment for my real estate investment. The rental will augment our pension for our old age while the value will keep on increasing. In the recent years, my nephew bought a condo unit which he rented to a tenant because he already has a house for his home. Now he has 3 condo units that earns him good money for his household expenses. The downside of the condo unit is that you need to have a parking slot otherwise the prospective tenant may be turned off.

The land near our home is planned by the developer to build a townhouse compound. It is a good prospect for an investment because it is near our home which means it is easy to monitor the property. A house in the next block is empty and it is also a prospect for investment. Although it needs repairs and repainting but I guess the selling price is low because it is vacant for more than a year already.

Which do you think is the best investment if you have the money?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The first and second option is the one I'll simply go for. Going on and building apartments for renting and leasing out is an option for me to consider. Apart from that, I can simply build other commercial buildings like hotel, grocery store, restaurant, filling station, reception hall etc. All this real estate properties are all ventures that drives in money consistently provided it is well planned and in a marketable areas where targeted customers can be discovered and not setting up in the rural areas with low less targeted customers.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I have a lot of plans for myself ,if I have an opportunity to engage in real estate business in the future it will depend on the location that will determine the type of real estate business I have to go into . if the location is likely to develop in the future to an urban settlement mostly I will prefer to to buy lands and keep because this will also be valuable and at the same time I can also build houses to rent out to people if necessary but if the location is well-established well the type of real estate business that will be suitable in such location is building of houses and renting out for people to live in, I don't really like investing in huge projects like companies because I may not have the time to manage them all but I can invest in house and I can also invest in some smaller companies like hotels because I know those ones are really profitable most especially if the location is conducive and is also populated.. .. for now people shouldn't even consider investment in real estate but should rather look for an opportunity to raise money to invest in real estate business.

Kendy

Verified member
For real estate investment, I prefer to buy apartment and houses from your illustration but for my own personal leverage when I venture into real estate investment, I would actually purchase landed properties where I would have to build from scratch this is because I want to be sure of the building materials and the man labour that would be used in order to prevent unforeseen circumstances in the future. I would also buy landed properties because I will build on it, rent out to tenants both as shops and apartment. I would use some of the landed properties to practice agricultural activities ranging from planting of all varieties of crops, floriculture and livestock rearing which will be profitable to me and the society and I will flip some subsequently and get turnover.

I would also prefer to purchase lands in sub-rural areas or developing because the lands would be a lot cheaper and would be most suitable for the ideas I have in stock. I do not like the idea of purchasing an already built apartment because it might not be to my preference and I do not like the idea or process of refurbishing because there might still be loopholes.

Kendy

Verified member
For real estate investment, I prefer to buy apartment and houses from your illustration but for my own personal leverage when I venture into real estate investment, I would actually purchase landed properties where I would have to build from scratch this is because I want to be sure of the building materials and the man labour that would be used in order to prevent unforeseen circumstances in the future. I would also buy landed properties because I will build on it, rent out to tenants both as shops and apartment. I would use some of the landed properties to practice agricultural activities ranging from planting of all varieties of crops, floriculture and livestock rearing which will be profitable to me and the society and I will flip some subsequently and get turnover.

I would also prefer to purchase lands in sub-rural areas or developing because the lands would be a lot cheaper and would be most suitable for the ideas I have in stock. I do not like the idea of purchasing an already built apartment because it might not be to my preference and I do not like the idea or process of refurbishing because there might still be loopholes.

Immilash

have a great deal of plans for myself ,assuming I have an amazing chance to participate in land business later on it will rely upon the area that will decide the kind of land business I need to go into . assuming the area is probably going to create in the future to a metropolitan settlement for the most part I will like to purchase grounds and keep since this will likewise be important and simultaneously I can likewise fabricate houses to lease to individuals if vital yet assuming the area is grounded well the kind of land business that will be reasonable in such area is working of houses and leasing for individuals to reside in, I don't actually like putting resources into enormous tasks like organizations since I might have opportunity and energy to oversee them everything except I can put resources into house and I can likewise put resources into a few more modest organizations like lodgings since I realize those ones are truly productive most particularly in the event that the area is favorable and is additionally populated.. .. for the time being individuals shouldn't think about interest in land however ought to rather search for a chance to fund-raise to put resources into land business.