Where should I start searching for a real estate agent?

King bell

VIP Contributor
This is a question that has been asked, and answered, by many. There are no definitive answer as to where you should begin your search. It all comes down to personal preference and what type of experience you are looking for.

What we do know though is that what makes a good real estate agent? Things like personality, trustworthiness, honesty, and dedication to the job will make sure you have the best real estate agent possible working on your behalf. You should also be looking for someone who has built their business based on referrals from happy clients because these agents have a solid sense of what clients need and want out of an agent like them. These agents have built their business based on strong relationships that they have built with past clients.

Here are some places to get you started:

1. Local Real Estate Board. These are great places to start your search, they have real estate agents who pay membership fees and abide by a code of ethics and etiquette in order to maintain a membership within their local board.

2. Your Local Association of Realtors® (LAR). This organization is the governing body for all real estate agents in North America. You can locate the one nearest you here: http://www.realtor.org/localassoc/.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Personally I will not even be researching. What I have come to understand is that real estate agent is available everywhere but this mostly depends on location and country . There are some countries in which most of these things are properly organise but over here real estate agents can be gotten anywhere as long as you are interested to invest in real estate.

The only challenge people are likely to face when looking for real estate agents randomly is the fact that so many of them are not Trusted and some of them may even be looking for opportunities to scam you.

As a result of this , I believe the best thing you need to do is to get a real estate agent from trusted real estate organisation depending on the country you are living.

So many of them are available but how trusted they are is what I do not understand.

Suba

Staff member
A real estate agent is an agent/person who helps others in buying and selling real estate/property. They (real estate agents) have been trained formally or on-the-job training and have a license to open a practice so that we are not trapped in choosing fake real estate agents. Real estate agents will join the association of property agents, which are usually divided by region, so we will be very easy to find through their site

niche

Verified member
Since being a real estate agent is fairly lucrative, especially in densely populated cities and other areas, there are usually a large number of real estate agents in most areas. However, it is difficult to find out if a real estate agent can be trusted. For example one agent may be only interested in showing expensive properties since he wishes to get a high commission. Some people want a second property only for storage or a guest house, so they do not want expensive properties, yet the agent refuses to show cheap properties.