The most valuable employee gets extra perks

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In some fast food outlets there is the bulletin board that announced the employee of the month or employee of the year. In some offices there is the most valuable employee with the criteria known only to the manager of the department or to the head of the division. When I was working in the bank it was my dream to earn that award.

The MVE – most valuable employee – gets a salary increase aside from the bonus of ½ month up to 2 months of the salary. That kind of award was an inspiration to the employees like me because of the extra benefits. There’s also a plaque that is given to the MVE. Unfortunately I did not achieve my dream in my 10 years of working in that commercial bank.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yeah, this is how it should be in an organization that values their staff; there should be some incentives for hard working staff. It will help to make them remain loyal. Staffs are humans with feelings they will more likely be more productive with rewards. So most valuable worker should be duly rewarded

Mika

VIP Contributor
In the company I worked, there was an award for employee of the month and thee employee of the year. I won the employee of the month award many times, I also won the employee of the year award. Even though no one worked in order to get the award, it felt good to receive the award. This ultimately improved the performance.

Richee84

Every hard working employees should be rewarded with gift and bonus to encourage such people. It is one of the strategy use by management to bring out the best in it staff. If staff know that they will be rewarded after performing their task they will be motivated to the work with the best if their ability.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I always see this as well when I go to some eateries but unfortunately I don't like the idea. Some may call me a sadist because ever since I have been working, I haven't recieved this award not because I was not hardworking but because I don't do eye service. Most workers bought their ways to have this award most time. Besides, it may even lead to individual work instead of team work because everybody will want to be noticed.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Every hard working employees should be rewarded with gift and bonus to encourage such people. It is one of the strategy use by management to bring out the best in it staff. If staff know that they will be rewarded after performing their task they will be motivated to the work with the best if their ability.
How do you define a hardworking worker? It may amaze you that there just be partial while judging. There are some people that are hardworking because of the rewards attached to being hardworking and not mainly for the growth of the business. Where I work, there is a standard they expect every worker to meet and we always meet this standard. How will you choose the most hardworking in that scenario.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Companies that organize these kinds of events are usually very successful because every employee will work very hard inorder to get the title. This is one of the strategies used by business owners in order to get the best out of its employees and of course with their business forward. It will make the employees passionate and hard-working.