Which branch of engineering is the most profitable and valuable?

Etini

Valued Contributor
Engineering is a highly technical and reputable career path. It takes years of technical study to achieve proficiency. However, there are so many branches j. Engineering. We have mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, structural engineering, and civil engineering. Other branches include Gas Engineering, Chemical engineering, and the latest addition to the engineering family which is Computer Engineering.

For a teenager seeking advice, which of these branches of engineering would you encourage him/ her to enter? Which of these engineering courses can guarantee a person a good career and financial freedom?

I think that computer engineering is the hottest and most profitable engineering course right now. The fact that the whole world is going in the path of tech now makes computer engineering indispensable. I think it would be this way for a long time because technology keeps improving every day. Which engineering course is the most profitable? Feel free to share.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Yes I agree with you
Computer engineering or software engineering are two very cool courses. Even though I will personally say I prefer software engineering. There are so many opportunities available to software engineers. They are programmers and their demand is very high because as the day goes by, technology is advancing and more organisations and firms are in need of persons who can be useful in advancing their level of digitalisation.

This actually does not mean that other branches of engineering are not very prolific. Every field has its own usefulness and so all the other fields of engineering have their own application in the world.

But in a country as this, there are very few and limited opportunities open to people who are experts in this field and that is what makes them look so unprofitable compared to the computer related engineering courses which have varous applications even in the country we are talking about.