Some mistakes in online marketing

Mertayasa

These online marketing mistakes are the most common. A company creates a website that contains a front page, product or service page, and contact details. The important thing for you to know is that online marketing is different from offline. On the internet most people just want to find information and not want to buy something.
Therefore, if all you do is make sales and talk about your own company and products, then most people won't be interested. People who are active on the internet want content that can entertain, inspire, or provide solutions to their problems. So make sure that most of your content is content that is useful to most people.
Have you ever seen a social network account that often provides pictures of memes, inspirational stories, or quizzes? This type of content will invite a lot of interaction from likes, follows, and shares. But is it effective as a marketing effort? The answer is either yes or no, depending on your own target audience. You may get a lot of followers and brand awareness from such marketing practices, but it could be that those who know your business exists are not the ones who are interested or able to make a purchase. As a result, even though you have a lot of traffic, sales will not be affected.​

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I understand exactly where you are pointing out and many companies or businesses online fail to do this. it is very important that companies have their contact information and other things on their website because some people will not buy anything from a website until they have seen the conviction that the business really has value. Put in entertainment things is also good.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
You are right about that. Building a relationship should be the first goal of every marketers. You don't expect me to buy something simply because a stranger told me to, but if you have build a strong relationship over time, it's a yardstick to successful online marketing campaigns.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
You are right about that. Building a relationship should be the first goal of every marketers. You don't expect me to buy something simply because a stranger told me to, but if you have build a strong relationship over time, it's a yardstick to successful online marketing campaigns.
I remember some time ago when someone was teaching me how to do email marketing and the first thing he said is that whenever you want to send email at the first time you don't need to put the link to purchase your product there. But he said I should rather teach people one or two things and add value to their lives and from there they will trust whatever you are promoting . So it is very important to add value first.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This is the issue with getting traffic. One thing is getting traffic another is getting the targeted audience. Because if you are having mostly teenagers on your timeline send your promotion is on adult products then there's no way you would make sales. So it would all be a wasted effort

Setho

VIP Contributor
One particular mistake that I have seen a lot of people do in business especially the ones that use sales funnel that involve email is that the only ways try to put the prices of their products in the faces of their customers at every given opportunity. This is actually not a good marketing strategy.

Mertayasa

I understand exactly where you are pointing out and many companies or businesses online fail to do this. it is very important that companies have their contact information and other things on their website because some people will not buy anything from a website until they have seen the conviction that the business really has value. Put in entertainment things is also good.
Website is very important for companies to growth and make people know about the companies profile. Especially for the online store, without a website or without promoting their service or products, it's very hard to growth, But the thing we should always remember and make a plan is we need to spend money for the website and we should aware of it.

Mertayasa

That's way any kind of job or business we starting, build a good engage or relationship with peoples is very important. Let's take the very small example, if we want to success in short link job we should able to make a good engage with the people in the specific group. We should not directly share our shorten link, otherwise no body will click it.

Mertayasa

This is the issue with getting traffic. One thing is getting traffic another is getting the targeted audience. Because if you are having mostly teenagers on your timeline send your promotion is on adult products then there's no way you would make sales. So it would all be a wasted effort
In my opinion to get quality traffic we should use paid tools. Because there are many free ways to get or generate traffic to our website and hope they can buy our product or services. But most of the free traffic is just like they only will click the our link without even want to buy it. This is very bad since we need someone to buy our product. That's way paid tools is more efficient to generate quality traffics.

Mertayasa

One particular mistake that I have seen a lot of people do in business especially the ones that use sales funnel that involve email is that the only ways try to put the prices of their products in the faces of their customers at every given opportunity. This is actually not a good marketing strategy.
Yes you are right. This is very common mistake and most newbie do this thing. In my experience, I've receive many emails that offer something just like product and they put the price on that email. When I see the price, I really don't want to continue or buy that product. That's way marketing strategy is very important one.