Smoking is a vice that wastes your money and harms your health

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have been a smoker before I entered college and from then on smoking cigarettes has been my vice. In fairness to cigarettes smoking it calms me and it relieves me of stress especially when there is a rush job with a critical deadline. I would work overnight with full concentration when I have a pack of cigarettes.

But come to think of it, smoking is a vice that hurts the pocket. Especially now that cigarettes are expensive here because of the so called “sin tax” so the price had increased to more than double of the regular cost. Laws are also hurting the smokers now because smoking is not allowed in any public conveyance. Even in buildings it is not allowed to smoke. Only a few restaurants have a smoking area. Maybe that is the sign of the times that people should avoid smoking. I am glad that I was able to quit for good on June 29, 2007. I have not smoked even a stick of cigarette. I am fortunate to have a strong willpower to quit after being a smoker for more than 30 years.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I don't really support smoking but I don't abuse smokers. At times, some people smoke because of their weather. However, that does not mean that we should not talk about the dangers of smoking. Smoking destroys the lungs and darkens the health hereby making the victims prone to respiratory diseases.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Seriously you'll be wasting your money on something that is going to kill you or cause cancer to your body system one day .it is expected that tobacco company kill most of its members without their members knowing about it. that is why even the federal ministry of health sometimes warn that smokers are liable to die Young.