Sitting For A Long Period Of Time Is VERY Bad For Your Health

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I spend most of my time sitting. In fact, I spend several hours of my day sitting in front of computer screen because I work as a freelancer. It is my job and I am supposed to complete my work and I work a lot. however, recent studies have suggested that sitting is really bad for your health. A paper that was published and appeared in a scientific journal known as Annals of Internal Medicine has pointed out has strongly suggested that sitting can be hazardous for your health. The big problem is that most of the employed people tend to sit more and they spend less time being physically active and this is a very big problem for their health. People should understand that sitting for long period of time can be very bad for their health, as suggested by studies.

I spend most of my time sitting. In fact, I spend several hours of my day sitting in front of computer screen because I work as a freelancer. It is my job and I am supposed to complete my work and I work a lot. however, recent studies have suggested that sitting is really bad for your health. A paper that was published and appeared in a scientific journal known as Annals of Internal Medicine has pointed out has strongly suggested that sitting can be hazardous for your health. The big problem is that most of the employed people tend to sit more and they spend less time being physically active and this is a very big problem for their health. People should understand that sitting for long period of time can be very bad for their health, as suggested by studies.
Normally sitting down is bad for health. In fact doctor use to tell us that it use to cause obesity and some health issue.
Apart from sitting down for long,sitting in front of the computer is not good and it can cause eye problem.

Normally sitting down is bad for health. In fact doctor use to tell us that it use to cause obesity and some health issue.
Apart from sitting down for long,sitting in front of the computer is not good and it can cause eye problem.

I sit a lot and I can already sense the bad effects of sitting for too long. Sitting for long periods of time causes severe pain in my body and this pain remains for a long period of time. Maybe I should change my schedule and working hours and try to avoid sitting for too long.

When I was still working it is part of my policy as the manager to stand up every hour, get away from the computer and be back in 5 minutes. Our company is a software house so everyone has a computer. Sitting for long periods not only damage the muscles and tendons but also the mental aspect is affected.

When I was still working it is part of my policy as the manager to stand up every hour, get away from the computer and be back in 5 minutes. Our company is a software house so everyone has a computer. Sitting for long periods not only damage the muscles and tendons but also the mental aspect is affected.
Yes this is something a lot of people fail to understand . Some people will be so absorbed in the computer that they do not even fail to understand is that exercising the body is the most important thing, the body might keep doing it work properly but inside might be very dangerous that is why we need to try as much as possible to do this.

Sitting for a long a time is a bad habit most especially when you finish eating because it leads to big tummy